Absolutely desperate...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I'll introduce myself later. Right now, I just want to share my story and see what kind of feedback I get.

My boyfriend and I broke up in July 2011, and I hadn't been with anyone since, until July 20, 2012. The first day of my LMP was July 6, so I know I was ovulating around the time of intercourse with this other person. We used protection, but I don't really think that matters at this point. For three days after, I had the WORST pelvic pains of my entire life. I get really bad period cramps on day 1, and this was 100x more painful. I went for a blood pregnancy test about 17 days later, where they did a u/s as well. Nothing was seen on u/s, and quantitative b hcg was negative at <2. I went to the ER two days in a row feeling like my ovaries on both sides were burning, cramping, being twisted. This was on Aug 7. Urine test and u/s were negative and normal. I got home that night and was spotting brown. I thought this might be from all of the pelvic exams I had had over the last week or so, but the next day and a half I had bright red blood. On the third day, it was back to brown with pink and some tiny pieces of what looked like tissue. I am a regular 30 day cycle with bright red blood the entire time, so I did not think this was my period. However, after this bleeding occurred, I felt SO MUCH BETTER. My pain was almost nonexistent. For a few days.

I went to my OB/GYN and told him about the abnormal bleeding. He wanted to do a D & C and exploratory surgery because of the abnormal bleeding, my incredible pain at this time, and my family history of endometriosis. I went in for surgery that Saturday, August 11, 2012. He removed a small amount of endometrium (I do not believe he removed the full lining) and found many pelvic adhesions but no endometriosis during the lap procedure. Endometrium was in secretory phase (indicating I either already ovulated or still just had thick lining), and there was no sign of malignancy or hyperplasia. I came out of surgery and spotted lightly for a few days as expected, and it stopped.

Returned to OB/GYN and was referred for ultrasound. At this point, if I was/am pregnant, it would have put me at a little over 6 weeks. Ultrasound tech broke the rules and told me that I am absolutely not pregnant. Report showed 10mm endometrium and bilateral functional follicular cysts (common during ovulation).

Fast forward about 2 weeks: I have had horrible cramps, no bleeding, and my breasts have become larger than they have been in 2 years. They are heavy, and for a few days, I could barely even stand my bra touching my nipples. I get heaviness in my lower abdomen and aside from the cramps, also twinges of pain on either side and horrible low back pain. No frequent urination. No nausea. No vomiting.

Saw OB/GYN again and he did hormonal and another b hcg test. FSH was 5.3 at this point and LH at 19.9. Everything indicated that I was mid-cycle. Prolactin was 8.4, which alarmed me since I have only ever had a prolactin level of 5 in the past. He did not check estrogen/progesterone and said that based on my other hormones, I was absolutely not pregnant. Blood test was also negative, and by now I would be almost 8 weeks pregnant (going from the first day of LMP).

Everyone tells me I'm not pregnant, but I'm so regular with my periods that I'm confused, and as I said, I've never had this type of breast swelling, sensitivity, or heaviness before. I thought I'd be relieved this morning when they told me my blood hcg was neg, but I found myself reading far out stories online about women who didn't find out they were pregnant until 2,3,4 + months down the line.

The problem is not only that I wasn't trying to get pregnant, but I am also on heart medication and valium and have been for the last 8 years. I know the risks these meds pose to a fetus, and these are the reasons I wanted to know as soon as possible just what was going on.

I can't imagine a D & C that was NOT for a m/c causing such hormonal fluctuations, but I could be wrong. I don't know what to do. I want another u/s but insurance and the doctor will not order it and do not feel it is indicated.

Has anyone gone through anything like this? I'm sitting here, swollen, cramping horribly, and having so many questions going through my mind. My estrogen has always been terribly low and my testosterone borderline high, and I'm not sure if those things can affect an HCG reading. I have heard that other hormones can, but I'm not positive.

I'm unemployed, trying to get on disability for my heart condition until it's under better control, and cannot afford to just go to a clinic to get another u/s. I have no idea what to do anymore. Every passing day, I take my meds and think about the potential harm I could be doing, and if termination was advised because of defects, with each passing day, if something is growing inside of me, I'm not going to be able to live with myself if I have to terminate. I never thought I'd be in this position. I always wanted to be a mother and am terrified.

Please respond with whatever advice you can give. I don't know where to go from here except maybe to the ER again because of the pain that is not subsiding. Maybe they would do another u/s there, but I'm not sure. I'm getting blown off by everyone, and I know something is not right. My doctor wants me to do the Provera Challenge, but I feel like I should wait until around the 6th of September to see if I get a period first. I don't know what this cramping is about. The cysts were very small. At times, it feels like AF cramping. Other times, I can't really explain it.

Sorry this has been so long, but thank you so much for reading if you have.

I look forward to any and all opinions/theories/pieces of advice.

Best,
Elizabeth
August 29th, 2012, 03:57 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, to me, it sounds like you have a problem causing all this and it's not pregnancy. They have been in your womb and they did multiple u/s and blood tests.

If you are still having issues and pain you should continue going to your dr and if you have extreme pain that worries you, definitely go to your ER.

Sorry you are going through this.
August 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Kristin828's Avatar Veteran
Hi Elizabeth

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm certainly not a Dr., but from everything you said it doesn't sound like pregnancy to me at all. The bleeding and multiple tests just sound like it has to be something else that happened to occur right after you had sex. Talk about bad timing, body!! also, im thinking that if you would have been a little over 6wks when you had the ultrasound, the tech definitely should have been able to tell, and if he/she broke the rules by telling you you're not preg than they had to have been 100% certain you aren't. Just by your post I know that you will make a great mom someday I know I'm a little late in responding but I hope youve found out more in the past few days..

Also, did you ever take a home preg test? I don't know what their effectiveness is this far along, but did you ever test early on?
August 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Tons of home tests and tests at the doctor's/ER...all negative. Including today, and today I'd be 7 wks 6 days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search