...new symptoms, I'm afraid to test again! :S

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Heartburn has been killing me all day....I pee every hour, my belly is bigger..haven't tested in a week, I'm afraid to do it and get a negative again!
I'll get a blood test tomorrow, have you heard about the "hook effect"? it is when yout HCG levels are so high, that HPTs can't interpret them and it gives you a negative. Apparently even blood tests will give you negatives.....have you heard about it? Do you know anyone who had it? I've read LOTS of posts from ladies who had that....oh my....I just wish I could see inside myself and know what the heck is going on...

August 30th, 2012, 04:20 PM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The blood test isn't like a urine test though, the lab can give you a number level of HCG. Seems that if you get a negative on a blood test, you already have yourself geared to not believe it.

What is your dr. saying? If this test comes out negative you should make an appt if you aren't already seeing someone about this issue.

Good luck and I hope you'll come and post what your blood test tells you.
January 8th, 2013, 05:09 PM
i have heard of it and i went thru it. years ago when i was pregnant with my ( now 18 yr old son) it took my dr's back then 5 months to figure out i was pregnant. EVERY single EPT, Blood test and urine test came out BFN!! every time.. finally it took a OBGYN to do a put a baby heart monitor on my belly and found a heart beat

it can happen and it does, just because a blood test comes out negative does not mean you are NOT pregnant, because of my dr he saved my son. My PCP told me i had appendices and to have surgery, well well well THANK god my OBGYN was young and just out of med school because he saved my son!!!

just go to the dr and get an ultra sound or have them do a heart beat monitor thingy ( baby doppler?) and see what that tells you

good luck and dont give up

furbaby moma to
Thunder Bum GSD/lab mix dob 07/26/2007
Cinni Bum whippet/lab mix dob 12/26/2006

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search