Don't Mind Me, Just Venting...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MASchlabach

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Forgive me for jumping right in with a post, being a new member and all, but I seriously need a semi-confidential place to vent. (Semi-confidential meaning not FB, not somewhere I'm likely to run across family, for a variety of reasons.)

Anyways, while my husband is very supportive and all that, his lack of understanding anything in between the conception and the actual birth, despite the fact that we've already been through this once before, is literally driving me crazy at the moment. His happy-go-lucky is not just polar opposite, but quite literally foreign to me.

Why I feel the need to vent:

While not actively trying, as in no two to three times a day like with the first go round, we finally quit actively not-trying around the beginning of the month. I was content to let nature take its course, and was actually hoping not to conceive until around Nov / Dec. I was hoping for the kiddos to be about two-and-a-half years apart.

And despite the fact that we're taking a more lazy approach this time around, no charting and all that, I discovered with the first go round two years ago that, once off B/C, I can actually feel when I ovulate. More so, I can tell you which side ovulated. On top of that, I'm pretty sure I felt the implantation last time. Weird, huh?

Anyways, I am currently sitting at 4 / 5 DPO, and am really, really confused because I am already feeling a couple of pregnancy symptoms. *** ??? With my son, I did not have any symptoms at all until the very end of the first trimester. Also, the reason I say 4 / 5 DPO is because last Thursday night, I felt the left side go. Friday night, I felt the right side go. That was kind of odd, but whatever. So for simplicity's sake, gonna go with Thursday, which would be right on schedule, having since looked at the numbers and a calendar. Which currently puts me 5 DPO.

Saturday (2 DPO), went totally insane on my husband despite the fact that he was being quite sweet and had let me sleep in until noon. Poor guy.

Late Sunday (3 DPO), nausea set in. Figured I was coming down with something and didn't think much of it.

The nausea continued throughout Monday (4 DPO), peaking in the wee hours of the night as it did during the first pregnancy. In fact, when the cat coughed up a hairball in the bedroom at about four o'clock this morning, I grabbed the bucket and started gagging into it. And yes, that's how intense the nausea has been, I was sleeping with the bright red puke pucket next to the bed.

And then today (5 DPO), I have been feeling all kinds of weirdness in the pelvic region, as in things moving, twinges and happenings, but nothing like my typical PMS cramping. It also feels really heavy, as if being more affected by gravity than the rest of my body. I know that makes no sense at all, but that's really the only way I can describe it.

Not to mention the fact that my BF is not due until Oct. 4, and I have been on a clockwork 38-day cycle since menses resumed this past April. And yes, the nausea has been consistent again today, pretty much killing any appetite two days in a row.

This is driving me a wee bit nuts... Is it even possible to be having symptons so very, very soon. Like I said, with my son I was completely symptom free for the first trimester. So *** ???

And I am really, really having to restrain myself from rushing down to CVS for the triple pack. From what I understand, 7 DPO is the earliest possible chance for a BFP, and even that's extremely unlikely. When we were trying the first time, the BFN's were driving me to tears and doing more harm than good. When we were finally successful, I didn't even get a positive until 5 days passed my missed period, and then it was so **** faint that my husband thought I was seeing things. Therefore, I am trying to exercise some restraint in order to avoid the heartbreak.

Because, though we may not have been "actively" trying, you know what it's like once you get the possibility stuck in your head...

So thank you for letting me vent. It does help.

And any comments are welcome, as crazy sure does love some company!
September 26th, 2012, 02:24 AM
So, still thinking out loud... Thought I'd list a few more things I remember from the last go round, though no where near this early.

Obviously, as it's going on three in the morning, insomnia. Just a general inability to fall asleep when I lay down. Of course, that could just as easily be from the nausea or from all of the thoughts running rampant right now. I had it so bad during my first pregnancy that my days and nights actually flipped. Of course, I didn't have a fourteen-month-old toddler that needed tending during the day. So yeah, that's kinda starting to suck.

Then there's the horrible taste in my mouth that no amount of brushing seems able to cure, again something I was originally attributing to the nausea.

A definite increase in thirst, specifically for water. Which is weird, because if I'm completely honest about it, I can normally go an entire day without a sip of the good stuff. Silly caffeine addiction.

This is accompanied by many more trips to the loo, which can be easily written off due to the increased consumption of fluids.

The increased sensitivity to smell, which never completely disappeared from the last time, is definitely a bit amped. Until the last two to three days, could only smell a poopy diaper in the same room. This evening, smelled it from the next room over. Lovely...

The sweet tooth is back. This one bugged me a lot last time, because I don't normally do anything sweet, or chocolate, ever. But during the pregnancy it got so bad I was actually dreaming about it, donuts mostly. I still hold Hostess responsible for the twenty pounds I failed to drop post-pregnancy.

Speaking of dreams, from which I don't suffer, or if I do they're not vivid enough to remember, had a horribly disturbing one this afternoon when I accidentally napped on the couch.

And finally, the breasts are changing. Tonight, bending over to pick up a toy, I noticed how unnaturally heavy they seem to be hanging. Definitely getting fuller, yet staying supple, whereas as pre-period they just seem to get hard. Hope that last bit makes sense.

Oh yeah, and the round ligament pains. Not so bad at this time, if that's what they truly are. But I do remember how un-fun they were when pregnant.

So with all of these symptoms, gonna have to bite the bullet and accept the fact that I'm probably preggers, despite wanting to wait until closer to year's end. Not such a big deal, a blessing is a blessing no matter when it's bestowed.

I am having a LOT of trouble accepting that I am experiencing all of these symptoms so very, very early this time around. I mean, seriously... I'm what - Six DPO. And if you Google such strong, early symptoms, you start coming across the mention of multiples. Quite a bit of mention, actually.

So I'm gonna be a good girl and run out and get that triple pack at CVS tomorrow, and test first thing Thursday morning, and hope for a faint, faint line. Why faint? Because a strong, insanely early BFP (7 DPO) seems to be another thing associated with the multiples. And I really don't think our family can handle that much of a blessing.

So if anyone has any comforting words, please share. Especially if it's along the lines of "Yes, I too suffered symptoms ridiculously early. So no, you're not crazy!"

On that note, hopefully, goodnight y'all.
September 26th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Sorry. Double post. Silly iPhone.

Last edited by MASchlabach; September 26th, 2012 at 02:29 AM.
September 27th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Well. It's official. 7 DPO. Still trying to wrap my head around this one...
September 27th, 2012, 09:42 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd say it is very very early to start feeling symptoms, but I don't think anything is impossible. I know the wait is going to be hard but you will get through it...I can't wait to hear what happends over the next few weeks.

Missed your above post..so did you get a BFP?
September 27th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Yup. Very big BFP.

Beyond weird, huh?
October 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Pink or blue we welcome u
wow super early!! Have you gone to your doctor etc? any updates?! congrats
October 4th, 2012, 02:00 AM
@franbaby - Thanks for the congrats. Still trying to wrap my head around this one!

No, I will not be able to make it into the doctor for about another month or so... Insurance issues. Not fun.

As far as updates, the symptoms are pretty much all still present. The nausea has settled down and only gets bad around the witching hour, which is what happened with the first pregnancy. The heartburn has already started up, but nowhere near as bad as I remember it... Yet. And my appetite is already where it was by the end of the first trimester last time, where I'm "snacking" four to five times a day, but can never really eat a lot in one setting.

I am having a LOT of what I can only guess is round ligament pains. A LOT.

And non-medically speaking, my "kitten" - though he is now two-and-a-half years old - who is normally skittish and very standoffish, has relocated to my belly whenever I am sitting in my recliner. That was where he always wanted to be during my first pregnancy, and my husband says that pretty much confirms it.

I will feel a lot better when I get in with the doctor, and they do their whole poking and prodding routine, confirming that everything is a-okay. I cannot shake the feeling that something must be off, for me to have started having symptoms so incredibly soon, gotten a BFP 7 DPO, and embracing eating habits that I did not develop until four to five months in last time. I'm going to be a freakin' blimp at this rate!

Will keep y'all posted!
franbaby likes this.
October 22nd, 2012, 07:58 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I have read that with each pregnancy a woman's body can feel symptoms sooner each time. I have also read that with each birth, they are shorter lol! Now my daughter was 12hrs, my son (12yrs apart) was 19hrs and my other sone (4yrs apart) was literally 3 hours. I am having feelings to but IDK if it is all in my head, many of what you described above, or if it is just symptoms of my body returning to normal from removal of the Mirena....another 2 weeks and I should be able to tell, either way I have my annual on the 30th! Congrats again!
October 26th, 2012, 12:00 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats crazy- but pretty neat that you are so in tune with your body and you just knew!

Congratulations and GL with the rest of your pregnancy- wish you the best. Please update once you see the doctor.
December 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
"Anyways, while my husband is very supportive and all that, his lack of understanding anything in between the conception and the actual birth, despite the fact that we've already been through this once before, is literally driving me crazy at the moment. His happy-go-lucky is not just polar opposite, but quite literally foreign to me."

Totally relate. It absolutely drives me up the wall, and makes me feel like I'm in the movie What About Bob?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search