AIP or Mind Games

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rmlambert0316

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 06:25 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First I would like to say that I am new to this forum and I find this site to be very resourceful! Thank you all for sharing your stories and making those of us unsure at ease. Here is my frustration/vent... On 10/4 I had my Merina removed. I started a heavy AF on 10/6, it stopped for 2 day (assuming that was just from removal) It last 9 days and then started back up again 2 days later. My DH is what I like I to refer to as a brave soldier and will dive in the mud, and we were not trying trying, but were not cautious either. I forgot to mention that when it started 2 days after, it lasted for about 4 days. For a few days I have been feeling sick, once or twice I actually did get sick, and it comes and goes all day long. Today I noticed that I am very tender, not directly in my breasts, but closer to the under arm area and it kind of stretches in towards the breasts. Last night I woke up out of a deep sleep because I had to pee so bad around 1:30A.M. and was wide awake until nearly 3am. Is it possible that I could have conceived somewhere during that time frame? Is it just symptoms of Merina removal? Is it my mind playing tricks on me? I know the right answer to go to the doctor, I do have an appt on the 30th of this month for my annual visit and to begin taking prenatal vitamins to prep my body while we are ttc. I did take 2 tests and one was negative the other was defective (just my luck). I do have 2 other children, but it has been so LONG since I have been pregnant that I forget what it is like. I also have a weird feeling in my abdomen area. IDK how to describe it, almost like tingles and stretching, but not painful in the least. It is so frustrating because I would not know when exactly to even attempt to take another test! What are your thoughts?
October 22nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Veteran
There is a possibility that you could be pregnant but it's more likely that what you are feeling is due to the removal of the mirena. I had my mirena IUD removed back in April and I felt all the symptoms of pregnancy after it was removed but I wasn't pregnant. I never got AF while on mirena and didn't bleed at all until 2 months after removal so I was very frustrated during that time. I kept having every pregnancy symptom in the book and AF was nowhere to be seen but I kept getting BFN after BFN. Turns out that's because I wasn't pregnant. It takes a while for the hormones to get out of your system and typically the withdrawal of any form of birth control will cause pregnancy symptoms due to changes in hormones. I even had nipple discharge. I would recommend waiting until your appt. and talk to your dr. about it then. If you are pregnant you are already taking prenatal vitamins so you should be ok to wait until then but I know how torturing that can be when you're ttc. If you can't resist the urge to POAS then I suggest buying some IC's on Amazon or ebay. GL on your ttc journey! I hope you get your very soon! Sending dust your way!!
WaitinginNJ likes this.
October 22nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had a period during the iud either, I forgot what it was like to have an AF! Thank you so much for your feedback, it makes sense and that is what I was thinking as well, the whole morning sickness that comes and goes all day is what was really making me think otherwise. Are you still TTC or have you? IDK how to do the baby dust but right back at ya!
October 25th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Veteran
I removed my IUD in order to donate my eggs. My husband and I decided to TTC for one month in July and we did succeed but it was a chemical. We took that as a sign and now we are WTTC until I finish school and we get a new bigger house and pay off most of our debt. Thanks for the dust though...i'll save it for when we decide to TTC again!!
October 26th, 2012, 11:10 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would chalk it up to your body adjusting to no BC. I think it takes time for everything to mellow out again and go back to its natural state.

I went off BC in November of 2011 and it took me until February to get back on a normal cycle and I am just now starting to figure out my PMS symptoms again. Was on BC since I was 16 and now ten years later its like being a teenager again trying to figure this stuff out! No fun!

Give it some time and hopefully in a couple of months you will have things more narrowed down to what is "normal" for you off of BC.

GL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search