Unsure 17 year old.. Could I possibly be pregnant?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Hi! I've been scowering different websites related to my current situation.. I have recently stopped getting my depo provera injections. Well I shouldn't say recent the last one I got was in may. My partner and I have been using condoms as well as other methods of contraception since then. Because while I was on depo it was a constant hormonal battle. Always bloated and basically lashing out at everyone like I was Constantine pmsing. In August I got my period on time . Just picked right up where it left off before depo. I was on and off the Injection since January. I actually have ovulated and bled . Not assuming this means I'm fertile again but from what I've both heard and read its a possibility. Here's my problem - I am 12 Days late for my period. I was supposed to have gotten it. Oct 25th. Its been quite a while and now I'm worried. I just got an sti test and came up clean a month ago. However I have been having unprotected sex with my bf under the presumption that the depo would still be in my system regardless because I was basically on it for a year.. STUPID! Since the 26th I've been having very mild cramps and sore tender breasts and very tender nipples. No smelly discharge , no itching burning or any discomfort when I pee either. I know I don't have a yeast infection. However my discharge is thicker than usual but it has no irregular scent nor does it smell unpleasant? I already made an appointment with my family doctor for blood and a urine test. The discharge is almost chalk white and has a slippery but smooth texture. Help?
November 7th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Super Mommy
Have you taken a hpt? At 12 days late it should pick it up.
November 7th, 2012, 07:12 AM
No not yet. That's why I'm going to go to my doctor tomorrow. Apponment is already made and whatnot. Having a urine/blood test to see. Crossing my fingers since I am now on day 14. I've been hearing a lot of hpt flops lately. I want to know 100%
November 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry you are worrying like this!

Try not to freak out though, because just because you got your period in Aug (3 mths or 12 weeks after your last shot) doesn't mean your cycle isn't still working itself out. I stopped depo for the same reasons you did. It's horrible. Even though you appt is tomorrow, honestly I would just get a hpt and do it now anyway. At 12 days late, your result will be accurate.

You do say at the beginning of your post though that you've been using other methods since stopping the shot but then at the end of your post, you say unprotected. Can you clarify?

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
November 7th, 2012, 11:03 AM
We were using condoms . Spermicide etc. had a very bad incident with the spermicide so just went to condoms. October 20th we went on a trip with his family. No condoms nothing. Thus un protected sex even though he did pull out that's 50/50. I'm beating myself up in my head right now too. I just cross my fingers and hope it's not pregnancy and that depo is just yanking my chain again.
November 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Turns out I am pregnant
November 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I assume the smiley face is because you are happy about it! have you told your BF? What does he think? and one more thing.. when did they say you are due?
November 8th, 2012, 05:10 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
So did you do an hpt, cuz I thought you were only going to the doc tomorrow?

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
January 11th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Veteran
id like to congratulate you on your pregnancy. You may be young but babies will always be a blessing from God.

Tags
days , late , pregnant , scare , teen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search