I have had the worst 7 months now, at the worst time I am almost certain I am preggo

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Venting Place LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 03:52 PM
So here goes,

Back in September 2012, I started TTC with my fiance. In December, I was getting these HORRIBLE back aches and cramps just before my period and I was excited, thinking that I should take a pregnancy test. It came out negative. Then, a couple days later I got my period. It was the weirdest period I've every had. I was bleeding regularly, but it would not hit the pad and it was full of clots.

So, I went to the emergency room. They took cultures and decided that I just had some type of vaginal infection. They gave me a shot and a bunch of pills. So I went home. A few days passed and I started getting these horrible cramps so I went back to the ER. The Doctor did a pelvic exam and as soon as she pressed on my left side I almost wanted to slap her it was so painful. So she sent me for an Ultrasound. Turns out I have a high uterus which made it difficult for them to see anything so they had to do a trans vag ultrasound. It was still hard for them to see anything because now my bladder is full and they need an empty bladder for the vag ultrasound.

I wait for the results. It comes back sort of inconclusive, but they did see some "Thickening" around my left fallopian tube. They send me for a cat scan just to be sure and pump me with an IV full of antibiotics. The results from the cat scan say that I have a cyst on my left ovary and nothing more. They send me home and I have to follow up with my Doctor the following week.

So I do that. A week passes and I am with my Doctor to discuss what happened. She goes and pulls the ultrasound up on her computer (The Hospital and my clinic are connected) and comes back to tell me that the ultrasound shows that it looked like some type of mass covering my left ovary and left fallopian tube. She tells me it looks like I've had this infection for a LONG time and my body was finally starting to tell me that something was wrong. She puts me on Doxycyclin for two weeks and tells me to come back.

Now I know this is TMI but after all those antibiotics, I got the worst yeast infection on the planet! I end up going to my Doctor for the follow up, she gives me something for my yeast infection and schedules another Ultrasound. I go for the Ultrasound and the infection is gone. However, there's a new problem. My left tube is destroyed and filled with fluid (Hydrosalpinx.) and it's growing.

The great thing about my Ultrasound is that my right Fallopian tube and right ovary are untouched. My left ovary seemed to survive the infection as well. It's just the left tube. They run tests on me twice because they are certain this had to be from some STD but I'm coming up clean constantly. The Doctor runs a search on my old Paps and they come up clean. Want to know how I got this horrible infection that has nearly rendered me infertile. I SLEEP IN MY TAMPONS! How could I have been so clueless to think that the warning they put on the label of those tampons is a SERIOUS ISSUE. I will tell you this, I'll never wear another tampon AGAIN.

The doctor tells me that I need to go under the knife (a larcoscopy) to remove the fluid from the tube. She doesn't want to take out the tube because she says I'm young, but if the tube looks beyond repair when she opens me up, she'll take it out.

She warns me to be careful because the right side is in great shape. My uterus is in great shape. Having one bad tube makes it more difficult to get pregnant BUT I CAN STILL GET PREGNANT.

Now, here's the kicker. I get my period faithfully. Even during this horrible event, I was still getting my period every month.

March 9th rolls around, and actually I was supposed to get my period March 6th. Nothing.... I haven't missed a period in 10 YEARS. Not even while I was being treated for this infection. It's the 14th of March. NO PERIOD. I have sore breasts, Nausea, mild cramps, I want to slap the living daylights out of my fiance some nights, I'm getting acne (which I'm pretty good at controlling), I have constipation, and all I want to do is sleep. I was at the dollar store a few days ago and I bought a pregnancy test just out of curiosity and took it. There was a second line but it was very, very faint and I threw it away, thinking that it was just because it's a dollar store test.

I'm thinking of taking a preg test again because my period is still not here, my symptoms are getting more extreme (especially the nausea).

I just needed to vent. It's been a long 7 months and I'm about ready to scream.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
March 24th, 2013, 05:13 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
I hope you can heal physically and emotionally! It sounds like you have been through soo much but hopefully if you are pregnant, it will be part of the healing process. Good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search