Linda's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2004 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2010, 09:00 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Well I am going to start a day or so before . As a side note, I was fairly certain she wasn't going to be born December 31, 2004. But it was my first and you know how statistically they go over....

December 6th, 2004~ Went to the dr for my first weekly appointment. Wohoo getting close now . I was going in to get my 30 days prenatal leave. I was so happy . Came home ready to clean the house before our baby girl arrived.
December 7th, 2004 ~ Went to medical in the morning with my dr note. Got my medical slip and went to see my supervisor. I was on cloud nine. Baby due anytime now going to be off work for a bit before she arrives that way we will be all set. By 10am I was home and taking a nice cat nap. Got up when DH got home, totally craving some KFC. So off to town we go, yummy! By 8pm I am all tuckered out. I was talking to a friend and she was like well hun you better go to bed if you are that tired. Rest now you are going to need it. Boy was she right .
December 8th, 2004 ~ 3am man my back is killing me . Darn baby must be sitting on my back or something. Proceed to rolling around trying to get comfortable. 6am I just couldn't take the back pain anymore so I got up and took a shower in hopes of relieving some of the pain. Gosh all this pain . In shower...OH CRAP I am in labor!! 630 wake up DH kinda freaked as we were only 35 weeks. Call the dr on call and see what to do. They say come in, it might just be nothing but better to get checked. Call my supervisor and let them know, and call DH's class advisor to let them know. Off to the hospital we waddle . Get to the hospital, still having back pain but this is so not how I pictured going into labor. They check me, I am only 3cm so they anticipate sending me home to labor at home for a bit. But they think I will be back that night since I am in labor. So they hook me up to the monitors. And they keep checking the heartbeats. They are really high . They are concerned. Both the midwife and the dr keep checking. They do an EKG on me to make sure I am not going to have a heart attack. At first they thought maybe they were getting mine and not the babies until they realize that they were getting the baby's and Linda's heartbeat was just really high. So there is concern about how high our heartbeats are. By noon I am only at like 4-5 cm and they are getting more concerned. They talk about pitocen and I had heard the stories. I asked for something to take the edge off. It didn't help. The dr comes in and explains, Linda is in danger because of the high heart rate. They want to start some pitocen so that they can help me progress, if it doesn't work possible C-section. She is coming tonight no matter what. So I said forget this bring me an epidural if the pain is going to be worse I am so over this natural labor stuff . So I get an epidural and they start the pitocen, sometime late afternoon maybe 2-3pm... So I take a little nap awww good epi . Both our heart rates come down and the dr.s are happy about that. Then the pain starts coming back so I push that fancy button for more. Then push it again. The nurse comes in and says hunny there is no more meds. I am like dang I am in pain. So they check me at 6pm 10cm ready to go. In comes the midwife, the OB, and a nurse for me, a pediatric dr, and two nurses for Linda. Its a big show in my room . I start pushing about 6pm. Doing good, but then Linda's heart rate starts dropping. Oh no! So they are really working with me and the dr said we have to cut you, she has to come on this push, she is in trouble. So I said yes do what you have to and I do what I have to and her head comes out. They cut the cord as fast as they can, DH does not get to. It is wrapped twice around her neck. So one more push she is out and wisked away to the pediatric dr and nurses to look at. I am of course trying to see what is going on and starting to panic. But they say she is ok just has some red blotches. They take her to the NICU and promise to bring her back . Insert freaked out new mom here. They do bring her back but only to try to nurse. Her blood sugar levels are dangerously low and if she doesn't eat she might have brain damage. Chris is with her in the NICU. I try to nurse (talk about pressure). It isn't quite enough so they give her a bottle. I finally got her back and got to hold her after probably an hour or more.
Needless to say she was born at 628pm after 28 mins of pushing and was 6lbs 6oz and 35.5 weeks. She spent her first night in the NICU and never did learn to nurse. But she is wonderful . Wow that was long... Hers was a stressful first baby . Jeremy was a total shock when I didn't have an audience .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 29th, 2010, 07:01 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
What made you realize it was labor when you were in the shower?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search