We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
CONNOR KNIGHT K~ was born on March 30, 2004 at 1228p. He weighed in at 7lbs 3ozs and 21 inches long. He was born in AZ.
I had high blood pressure issues all the pregnancy with him. Even on meds it didnt go away. He was also buttdown the whole time. At my final appt(38wks)he had moved so much a couple days previous that I mentioned it to the dr. She was going to schedule a c/section due to the never ending bp issues(and now protein spillage in urine)but when she heard of the activity she did a quick u/s and found out he had gone head down so she changed it to an induction instead.
That was a Friday, Sunday late afternoon we went to the hospital and begin. I had cervical gel inserted that night and by morning Id lost my plug but not had any progress otherwise. We switched to pitocin at around 7a and that went all day til around 8p then back to cervical gel throughout the night. Although I was in labor my body never progressed.
41 hrs later....they discovered I had sleep apnea(tho wouldnt diagnose it really just said I should get it checked cuz it was there LOL), his heartrate was plummeting and I wasnt even at a full 1cm dialation. I was so high and closed off she couldnt even break my bags of water when she tried. So we decided we'd tried everything we could and it was time to get him out. My dr cried and hugged me and apologized that it didnt work out. I said it was fine and not to feel bad, I knew we'd end up in a c/section anyway cuz thats how all my family had done it...mom and sisters all had them so I knew I would too. And we had tried but his heartrate wasnt good so we did a fast c/section that Tuesday.
He was stuck, hence the no progress. He was so stuck that his little face was crooked for a couple weeks after that(facial features were not centered). He was still cute and I remember thinking how adult like his thumb looked when I got to see and touch and talk to him after he was out of me. It amazed me how adult male looking that one little finger was. He had this black hair that had the most awesome red highlights in it. But that was gone and he had blonded out by about a month. But I did capture a pic of it and its in his baby book LOL.
AVERY DANYAEL(pronounced Daniel)K~was born in NV on June 1st, 2006. He weighed 8lbs 10ozs and was 19 inches long. He was born at 1107a via repeat c/section.
I even had contractions for a couple days around 7mths with him but when I coerced my dr into checking if Id dilated at 36/37 wks I was still high and tightly closed. I knew I was going to do a repeat c/section so we scheduled it when I was in my third trimester.
It was a standard c/section and there were no complications or anything and I was out in 3 days.
DEVINN ASHER K~was born on January 14, 2008 at 935a in NV(different city then Avery). He was 7lbs 15 ozs and 20inches long. He was inbetween my other two on all stats and seems to hit milestones inbetween the other two as well LOL.
He was another standard c/section. No complications, did have a tubal ligation before they closed me up though. Because I had two others I hurt a bit more afterwards and it took me a bit longer to recover once I was home because I had two others to chase around LOL. I was able to leave the hospital 2 days after my c/section vs the usual 3 days most do. My dr was a putz so I was glad to be rid of him.
And there you have it! If you have questions I will be glad to answer them.
~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
Your out in 3 days comment with Avery scares me due to the fact that I seriously can't afford a 3 day hospital stay, cuz apparently my insurance charges by the day on co-pay. She'd better come out as planned!!!