Brendan birthstory 08/04/04

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2004 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
On August 2nd my perinatologist said there was a lack of growth so I will request your ob to get your son delivered right away so here I'm waiting for the news to head into the hospital from the Ob so I didn't get a call until 11 am on August 3rd to come in for an appt at 2:30 to see if there was any changes.

So I get there at 2:30 the ob says no progress at all so head into the hospital and will do cervidel with you at 6 pm.

So I get there and he puts in the cervidel saying this is only to soften your cervix up it won't make you have a baby(boy was he wrong on that) he goes I will see you tomorrow at 7:30 am that's when we will start the pit .

Things didn't go as he planned because at 8 pm my water was leaking but I was thinking it was just peeing and then right around 11 pm I could actually feel my cervix splitting which was more rather giving me an tummy ache that I went to go to the bathroom .

My son's father goes you know mexican food doesn't settle that well on you but afterwards I tried to lay in bed to sleep but I was more cramping up that I ended up in the bathroom again so then when I came out I was like I think my water broke .

This time i was for sure it did because it kept on coming out when I was sitting in the bed . So I pushed the nurse button saying my water broke so she came right and checked me at 11:15 pm saying yep it sure did and your a 3 .

So they removed the cervidel saying I don't need it anymore . I quickly progressed and the doctor suggest I get an epidural to hopefully to let me sleep so I said sure well it was put in at 3 am and I was only a 6 then and then at 4 :30 am I was a full 10 along with crowning but no matter how much I tried to push him out it wasn't happening.

I couldn't understand why so my ob showed up at 6;30 gave me an epistomy and used a vacumm to get brendan out which he was born at 7:05 August 4 th.

He was much more bigger than doctors anticipated him to be . 6 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches at 40 wks.

There are possible guesses why the pushing him out didn't work naturally due to 2 kinds of loss trauma I had that were both very traumatic to me as in one at 20 wk 5 days not knowing I was in labor no one was checking me so then I ended up delivering a little girl in the toilet which no one would let me see .

That was in June 2002 .

Feburary 2003 I found out I had a missed miscarriage so I decided that I was going to naturally miscarry instead I hemoraged so bad in March 2003 that I needed an emergency d &c .

Other reason for the not being able to push could be numbness due to the epidural or my son's head was too big for me to push him out .

I more likely think it was trauma and fear due to the losses because the ob said don't fear when the head was out continue to push .
February 19th, 2011, 08:13 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Maybe the epi was hurting the pushing too? Hmmm, but he came out vaginally so it all worked out. Courtney was a vacuum birth too. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search