Snow Storm!!

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2010, 09:43 AM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
We're supposed to get a snow storm here tonight...3-5 inches of snow and sleet, possibly more. I'm betting that the whole area is just going to shut down for the weekend since this is not "normal" around here. I kind of have to laugh though since we used to get storms like this all the time back in WI.

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

January 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM
cbnurse04's Avatar Lovin' my little Guy!
A few weeks ago, it got really cold here... like down in the teens. We were suppost to get some snow, sleet, and ice, so the night before it was suppost to happen, schools and many places where people worked closed down for the next day. It didn't slow, sleet, ice... not one drop of precipitation! Granted it was cold, but there was nothing dangerous about driving! That's Louisiana for ya though!

DS #1: Guy (12/6/07)
DS #2: Holt (7/13/10)
January 29th, 2010, 08:28 PM
KendallsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KendallsMommy Send a message via Yahoo to KendallsMommy
Weve already got 2 or 3 inches right now..more tonight and another 2-4 tomorrow...when will it end?

Thanks to pattyandthemoos for my beautiful siggy (:
January 31st, 2010, 05:42 AM
We ended up getting almost nothing at our place. We had a little sleet and a small amount of ice...nothing to get worried about. Ian was so bummed when there wasn't snow on the ground when he woke up yesterday morning. We did have a snow shower last evening that gave us a slight dusting, so I guess that will have to do. Not enough to play in, but it sure is pretty.

February 4th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Nightkd's Avatar First Time Mama!!
We had 1/2-1 inch of ice and about 4 inches of snow in OKC last week Got some awesome pictures!!

xx

February 5th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightkd View Post
We had 1/2-1 inch of ice and about 4 inches of snow in OKC last week Got some awesome pictures!!

xx
Wow! That's a lot of ice!!! We didn't have any ice at our house, but we drove up into the mountains on Sunday and there was lots of ice and snow - it was beautiful! They are having another ice storm up in the mountains right now, but we're only having rain here.

I'd love to see some of your pictures of the ice & snow if you are willing to share!

February 5th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Nightkd's Avatar First Time Mama!!
Yeah, it took DH a LOOOOOOONG time to de-ice the car enough that we could drive it!

Certainly! Shall I post here or a new thread? (I might need to resize them first as they are huge files atm).

xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search