Getting To Know You Questions of the Day: TV

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
I was thinking that now that we have several regulars in here now that we should try and get to know one another better. - Oh, and I'm thrilled to have all the newbies here Each GTKY (Getting to Know You) questions will have a theme, and I will probably post 2-3 per week. If there is anything specific you all would like to know about each other, please feel free to post your own GTKY thread

Today's theme is : TV

How many TV's do you have in your home?
What are your can't miss TV shows?
What are your children's favorite shows?
What was your favorite TV show growing up?

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

February 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many TV's do you have in your home? 3

What are your can't miss TV shows? Desperate Housewives, House, Survivor, American Idol, The Biggest Loser, Glee

What are your children's favorite shows? Believe it or not, they both like old Sanford & Son reruns! Past that...Rachael likes Penguins of Madagascar and ALF (she has them on DVD) and Milly likes DORA (!!!) and Team Umizoomi (probably because there's a character named Milli.)

What was your favorite TV show growing up? I loved ALF and Punky Brewster when I was little!
February 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
How many TV's do you have in your home? 1
What are your can't miss TV shows? LOST, Doctor Who, House, American Idol
What are your children's favorite shows? They too love Team UmiZoomi, that's all the watch right now - with a few episodes of Curious George and Dora the Explorer mixed in for a change of pace...
What was your favorite TV show growing up? Growing Pains, Who's the Boss, Mickey Mouse Club, 90210

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

February 24th, 2010, 11:42 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
How many TV's do you have in your home? 2, but only one gets tv. the other is solely for the Wii

What are your can't miss TV shows? I don't really have any. Been enjoying a lot of stuff on Animal Planet lately. Early Edition, Touched By An Angel.

What are your children's favorite shows?
They watch a lot of Animal Planet, Discovery Kids, and some Qubo. Animal Planet's "Most Extreme" is a popular one right now. Discovery Kids has a show about Tutenstein, Time Warp Trio, Grossology, and The Future Is Wild. They're all semi-sciencey so I'm okay with them. Qubo is just for fun and they are watching less and less of it lately. They like the Rescue Heroes, Tales from the Book of Virtues, and a couple others.

What was your favorite TV show growing up? Depends on what stage of life you mean! As a little kid I liked Punky Brewster because I thought I looked like her. And as a little older kid I liked Saved By The Bell; that's the one that came to mind with the question. I had a huge crush on Zack - didn't everyone?

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
February 25th, 2010, 12:04 PM
cbnurse04's Avatar Lovin' my little Guy!
How many TV's do you have in your home? 2

What are your can't miss TV shows? I don't watch much tv. I make up for it with computer time... lol.

What are your children's favorite shows? DS has Elmo and VeggieTales DVD's... I try not to let him watch much tv.

What was your favorite TV show growing up? Cosby Show, Three's Company...

DS #1: Guy (12/6/07)
DS #2: Holt (7/13/10)
February 26th, 2010, 04:07 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many TV's do you have in your home?
What are your can't miss TV shows?
I more into reality shows right now, and shows like Forensic Files and Cold Case Investigators
What are your children's favorite shows? Let's see... Seth is into pretty much anything Discovery Channel, Modern Marvels, Big Bigger Biggest, etc..
Tarin likes his cartoons, Phineas & Ferb, Danny Phantom, and LOVES Johnny Test
What was your favorite TV show growing up?
Fragglerock!! Dukes of Hazzard, Roller Derby
February 26th, 2010, 08:59 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many TV's do you have in your home? 8
What are your can't miss TV shows? Lost
What are your children's favorite shows? iCarly, Wizards of Waverly Place, Dora
What was your favorite TV show growing up? Full House, Kids Incorporated

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search