New & Relocating :)

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm new to this board (not JM) and I wanted to introduce myself. My husband and our 3 boys are moving from Michigan to North Carolina in early March. This was a choice recently made about a week and a half ago. Our decision was based on needing a fresh start, change and Michigan has held to many bad things for us in the past 2 years. We have decided to pack up and leave. It doesn't come very easy but we know it'll be the best for us in the long run. Both of us are very excited honestly!

We decided to move to the western part of NC around Asheville. That way my husband the snow lover still gets some and he wants to be by the mountains. We compromised, I got the state, he gets the town basically. We're looking between Waynesville and Hendersonville. Not 100% positive but sticking around there.

Oh, I'm Marisa! I'm 25, my husband Jason and I have been married 6 years and we have 3 boys. Gage is 5, Dane is 2 and Bishop is 1. I'm hoping to meet some new people and find out more info about where we're starting a new chapter in our lives

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM
I am in GA and not NC, but I wish you the best of luck on your journey. We packed up and moved from NJ with no house (it was still being built and we lived in a hotel for months :/ lol). It sounds crazy, but it was one of the best moves we have made and I never looked back. I hope your family loves the change !!!!!!
October 22nd, 2011, 01:10 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you! We are both very excited about this move. Neither of us have ever lived outside Michigan and we need a change, we want a fresh start and hope that this is it.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 18th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Hi! I live in Asheville and I think you'll love it! I'm originally from Candler, a smaller town about 30 minutes from Asheville but moved to asheville when my DH and I got pregnant. I preferrably like Candler better than Asheville but I'm not really a city person. Hendersonville is also a GREAT place! Hope you enjoy your move and good luck
December 23rd, 2011, 07:33 AM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I live about 20 minutes from Asheville in Hendersonville! I just did a happy clap dance! I'm so excited!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search