Who believes in that...

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
Southern Hospitality?!?!

No offense... but I've been up North, I've been out West, I've traveled all over the U.S., and most people just really don't seem as polite and down home as they do in the South... (In my opinion.)

I really am proud to be from here. I'm SO glad they created these boards!!!!!!

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
July 18th, 2005, 04:40 PM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
I completly agree with you.

Northerns would leave you cold as day southerners would at least give you a blanky

<div align="center"></div>
July 18th, 2005, 04:44 PM
DananaLuvsGabby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to DananaLuvsGabby
I have to agree too! Its such a slower pace in the south and people actually take the time to be nice and polite. I wouldnt wanna live any other place. I love the south!!!
July 18th, 2005, 05:21 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of the people I know around here are very polite and even the kids mind their manners and say "yes, ma'am" and "no, sir"
July 18th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
It's SO funny.. because Josh will be driving in his truck and if we pass ANYBODY in another truck.. he does the whole "raise one finger thing" saying hi.. and it's like anybody in a truck he does that to... does it back if THEY don't do it first. lol

I really do love people in the south.

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
July 18th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally believe in it when you get in the smaller towns, but it seems like the big cities totally lack southern hospitality. That's just my experience. Maybe it's just Nashville. Now the town we are moving to is FULL of southern hospitality. I love it! I can't wait to move to the south!

July 18th, 2005, 07:40 PM
modelt's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to modelt
I HAVE TO AGREE.I HAVE VISITED FAMILY UP NORTH.THEY DO NOT WAVE AND BARELY SPEAK.NOW DOWN SOUTH EVERYONE WAVES IN SOME FORM WAY OR FASHION.I LOVE THE SOUTH AND PROUD TO BE FROM HERE.

MODELT
July 19th, 2005, 01:37 PM
loving Alissa and Olivia
I am missing that part of the south... Phoenix is not like that at all... Everyone is so high speed here. I miss the laid back south... I am going home at Christmas... YEH!
July 19th, 2005, 01:40 PM
CAMPMOMMYAMY's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally agree!! When I lived in Columbus, Ohio I had to travel to Southern Ohio and Ky and you could totally tell a difference just from that short a drive! My customers down there were sooooo much easier to talk to and relate to!

July 19th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've only lived in the south, except for the 3 years we were in Germany. But since we've moved here we have really experienced southern hospitality! Everyone is so super friendly here. It has made our move here a lot easier, since we don't have family super close by. We had thoughts of trying to move closer to my parents, but we just really like the closeness in this area.
July 19th, 2005, 01:56 PM
loving Alissa and Olivia
Mommyx7 where were you at? I was at Ramstein
July 19th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Even the people at the DMV are nice here!!!
July 19th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by loving Alissa and Olivia@Jul 19 2005, 03:56 PM
Mommyx7 where were you at? I was at Ramstein
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Baumholder, Germany. Been to Ramstein many times to do some shopping. DH got there a few months before me, but I was there from Nov. 96 to July 99. Seems like it's been forever. It was an experience. We liked it, but were glad to come home. When were you there?
July 19th, 2005, 02:09 PM
loving Alissa and Olivia
I was in Ramstein in 00-02

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search