Have you ever seen a.....

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
Deer in your back yard?
Alot of deer?
Turkey????

What else?

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
July 28th, 2005, 09:38 AM
No.. there's not much "country" here in Phenix City, so I live in the city.
The only thing I've seen apart from squirrels, birds, and lizards is chipmunks! lol

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
July 28th, 2005, 09:39 AM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
Just in the last few days....groundhog, rabbits, and lots of frogs
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
July 28th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
Uh..there is deer in our yard and drive way every night....There is always squirrels, frogs, groundhogs, etc! We had a bunch of Turkeys that came in our yard everyday but they've disappeared ..WE've also had a few pea######s! Oh and the lady down the street has a pet goat and every sunday mornin before i go to church he comes over for breakfast!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
July 28th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to .Diana.
ive seen deer, rabbits, frogs, stray dogs, cats, a racoon... thats all i remember.

Add me as a Friend on Myspace!
Natalies World </div>
July 28th, 2005, 11:12 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
DH's grandfathers house in Texarkana, Arkansas always has deer in the front yard. We even put deer corn out, cause sometimes it just really nice to watch them. We haven't been up there since the first part of April, so we haven't seen any lately. In my inlaws backyard you will see goldfish in the pond and a craine (complete with nest and babies) in the tree above the pond. Sometimes they drop fish on the ground and Muffin (inlaws dog) brings them inside (EWWWWWW!) MIL also has a fake craine to hopefully prevent birds from stealing her fish. The pond has tadpoles and soon we will be full of frogs. Only other things in the back yard are squirles and the occassional armidillo.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

July 28th, 2005, 06:10 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's deer here like crazy......I'm always scared I'm going to hit one driving home at night. No turkeys though, but we do have a couple of rabbits that hang out in our yard.
July 28th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Well when I lived in Graham.. I walked out of my front door to a momma cow and her calf in our yard.. They belonged to our landlord and had got through the fence..
July 31st, 2005, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, living in southern Illinois, we have had racoons, possums, and skunks in our backyard. My grandparents live in the country in Illinois, and they have deer and turkeys in their yard all the time. I haven't lived in Tennessee long enough, about a week now. I'll keep an eye out though.

July 31st, 2005, 09:20 PM
winnowill's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to see alot of deer when I lived in Dickson, TN. But now I'm in the city.

August 1st, 2005, 10:58 AM
Debs1234's Avatar Veteran
Well, deer are really common in New Braunfels. They arent just in the county. I also see them wondering around in town during the day. Ive never seen anything like it until I moved here. We had a wild turkey in our driveway. Im such a dork.... I thought it was a pea###### lol. We have a family of armordillas (sp?) living in our back yard. There are 4 babies and the are so much fun to watch because their not scared of us. If you pour water on them they roll in it like a dog. Only problem is they are digging holes all in our yard. I shot a skunk on our back porch (that was a mess to clean up). The best thing Ive seen so far is a ring tail. I didnt even know what that was until I moved here.

Edited to say: it wont let me spell peac-o-c-k

August 1st, 2005, 11:06 AM
what's a ring tail?!?!

Oh I do remember Bama (my little yorkshire terrier) catching a POSSUMM in my backyard one time..... that was freaky.... Bama tore him UP though lol

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
August 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
We live on 98 acres in the COUNTRY! We see deer, turkeys, buzzards (HA!) everyday! I once saw a wild hog! We have a horse and cows in the pasture behind our house. And a hay field (where the deer play!) Of course we have the opposums and skunks and raccoons, squirrels, rabbits ect. I am an extreme country girl! (watch out deer you may be supper!)
August 3rd, 2005, 05:08 PM
CAMPMOMMYAMY's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No deer, but a couple of turkeys in Georgia!! That was an experience!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search