Worse Hurricane Season than 1st predicted..

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2005, 10:19 PM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
What are ya'lls thoughts on this?

Does it make you nervous?? Have any plans of action? Not really care? lol

I live in Alabama (southeast) and it freaks me out... I always hate hearing about how so many people lose so much during these storms. It breaks my heart.. I can't imagine

You ladies all take care... and I'll keep an eye out on the weather and let you know if I see anything suspicious..

I'm such a "wanna-be meteorologist" ... Unfortunately you have to be good at math....... and I suuuuuck at math

Seriously.. ya'll take care lol

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
August 3rd, 2005, 07:36 AM
DananaLuvsGabby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to DananaLuvsGabby
It terrifies me! Especially having a new baby, I am already paranoid about everything.
August 3rd, 2005, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to .Diana.
i dont like it either.. i feel really bad for the ones in florida.. every year they have to go through this. I live in Ga so we mostly get really bad rain storms and flooding from the hurricanes.. nothing too serious.

Add me as a Friend on Myspace!
Natalies World </div>
August 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
CAMPMOMMYAMY's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm nervous because all I kept hearing about before and after I moved to Jacksonville was how they have the least hurricane hits out of the entire state, and it has been so many years since one hit. The way my whirlwind year has gone it would be my luck that this would be the year that Jville gets hit! It's bound to happen sooner or later! I was in the building material industry before I moved down here to Florida, and my company supplied alot of material for the rebuilding last year, and still are continuing to. It was hard to comprehend from this side, I couldn't even imagine being personally effected. When I visited Pensacola in October last year I just kept almost crying. It was so badly damaged that areas would give you the creeps.

August 3rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
We live on near the Gulf Coast of Texas, but our house is 23 ft above sea level. FIL says they have never been flooded in the 30+ years they have lived in the area. I personally haven't yet experienced one, since last year we didn't really get anything come towards us and before that I was always further inland and only got rain. If it get's really bad, I will cover up my computer at work (lol-with a garbage bag....what help that will be) and then DH and I will go to Texarkana, Arkansas to the family home up there with his parents. My FIL inherited it from his father and DH will inherit it when the time comes (and we have a ready-made retirement home).

That's our plan!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search