Do you have any favorite sports teams?

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Who do you cheer for? Do you ever go see the games?

My DH and I live near Athens, Ga and are UGA fans. We have season tickets to the games, because that's where we met. So it's a bit nostalgic for us.

Anyone else enjoy going to sporting events with their families?

June 21st, 2007, 04:36 PM
krystallee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to krystallee
Me and my DH are the biggest Texas Longhorn football fans - we are have our season tickets and I cant wait to see my big belly at those games this year - we also love the San Antonio Spurs, we go to most of their games!!!
June 21st, 2007, 05:17 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry but I am a Tenn. Vols fan here! I do root for UGA though as long as they aren't playing UT! In NFL--huge Peyton Manning fan (of course) and so I cheer for the Colts. We don't go to games bc there aren't any teams local we root for, but when we lived in NC, we used to go to Carolina Hurricanes games. I am a sports nut!

June 22nd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Rebecca1986's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For college I go for the noles and Pro I for Tampa bay bucs

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1KNbUG/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
June 22nd, 2007, 05:43 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Quote:
Sorry but I am a Tenn. Vols fan here! I do root for UGA though as long as they aren't playing UT! In NFL--huge Peyton Manning fan (of course) and so I cheer for the Colts. We don't go to games bc there aren't any teams local we root for, but when we lived in NC, we used to go to Carolina Hurricanes games. I am a sports nut![/b]
Shhhh! Don't tell anyone but DH and I love Peyton Manning, too. LOL Always have. Just couldn't admit it when he was actually a Vol. LOL!

June 22nd, 2007, 06:00 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Texas A&M - WHOOP!!!!
San Antonio Spurs! I danced for their basketball team a couple times during halftime.
Houston Rockets

Quote:
Me and my DH are the biggest Texas Longhorn football fans - we are have our season tickets and I cant wait to see my big belly at those games this year - we also love the San Antonio Spurs, we go to most of their games!!![/b]
I disown you entirely for liking the Texas Longhorns. Totally and utterly disown you. You know A&M is better.

</div>
June 22nd, 2007, 06:58 AM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Texas Longhorns here!!!!!!!!.........

DH and I like the 49ers and Yankees.

June 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Texas A&M - WHOOP!!!!
San Antonio Spurs! I danced for their basketball team a couple times during halftime.
Houston Rockets

Quote:
Me and my DH are the biggest Texas Longhorn football fans - we are have our season tickets and I cant wait to see my big belly at those games this year - we also love the San Antonio Spurs, we go to most of their games!!![/b]
I disown you entirely for liking the Texas Longhorns. Totally and utterly disown you. You know A&M is better.
[/b]
hahahaha - well we are longhorns at heart -what can i say!??! LOL But I did go to school with Stephen McGee, he was a year younger - his dad is my pastor and I went to school with Jordan Shipley, his mom is my mom's bestfriend...its hard to pick?!?! LOL

Thats awesome you danced for the Spurs - whats even weirder...I cheered with them for a year until I shattered my right ankle and right hand in a stunt....we know eachother more than we think - LOL!!!
June 22nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
I'm a HUGE Colts fan. I also root for the Gators. My Sgt and I have great fights during the FSU/ Gators games.

June 22nd, 2007, 08:51 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Quote:
hahahaha - well we are longhorns at heart -what can i say!??! LOL But I did go to school with Stephen McGee, he was a year younger - his dad is my pastor and I went to school with Jordan Shipley, his mom is my mom's bestfriend...its hard to pick?!?! LOL

Thats awesome you danced for the Spurs - whats even weirder...I cheered with them for a year until I shattered my right ankle and right hand in a stunt....we know eachother more than we think - LOL!!![/b]
You can dress your little girl in a Longhorn outfit and I will dress Joshua in an A&M outfit. They can date!!!

I'm pretty sure at some point we saw each other a bunch of times but don't remember it. How weird!!

</div>
June 23rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Thats awesome you danced for the Spurs - whats even weirder...I cheered with them for a year until I shattered my right ankle and right hand in a stunt....we know eachother more than we think - LOL!!![/b]
You can dress your little girl in a Longhorn outfit and I will dress Joshua in an A&M outfit. They can date!!!

I'm pretty sure at some point we saw each other a bunch of times but don't remember it. How weird!!
[/b]
that would be so cute with their little outfits!!! Clayton's mom has actually already bought her a Longhorn cheerleading outfit....hahaha!!!!
June 25th, 2007, 11:45 AM
NIKKI*MOMMY2BOYS*
I love the Miami Hurricanes and the Tampa Bay Bucs. But my passion is NASCAR. I go to Daytona every chance I get!!
June 25th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Quote:
I love the Miami Hurricanes and the Tampa Bay Bucs. But my passion is NASCAR. I go to Daytona every chance I get!![/b]

I love Nascar too - Tony Stewart is my main man - LOL
June 25th, 2007, 06:09 PM
NIKKI*MOMMY2BOYS*
^^He did really well this weekend, but it was a road course, so that was to be expected. Kevin Harvick is my MAN! (Tony races for him in the Busch!!!!!) Came in 2nd, no complaints here. It was amazing to see him win in person last February. :-)
June 30th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I love the Miami Hurricanes and the Tampa Bay Bucs. But my passion is NASCAR. I go to Daytona every chance I get!![/b]

I love Nascar too - Tony Stewart is my main man - LOL
[/b]
My dh builds Tony Stewarts race cars! The car that Tony claims is his favorite is one of Dh's cars. I must admit, I wasn't a fan until Dh started working for JGR( he used to work for Hendricks) I have to be a fan now b/c he pays the bills.
July 2nd, 2007, 11:59 AM
NIKKI*MOMMY2BOYS*
^^^^ that is way too cool. Have you ever met him or anyone in his crew???
July 2nd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
^^^^ that is way too cool. Have you ever met him or anyone in his crew???[/b]
Dh met him(Stewart) a lot. He's actually built a playground for a homefor abused children withStewart, K. Wallace, and some other drivers. Most of the crew members work at the shop, so I've met them a lot. I don't know who really does what. Dh is close friends with a lot of them. I'll have to post some pics some time, even though I'm not supposed to have a camera in the shop
July 4th, 2007, 12:18 PM
kmath's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kmath
Let's see, I am a huge 'Noles fan. I take my son to watch all the home baseball games. He loves baseball. Professionally I am a Cardinals fan. I also LOVE NASCAR. Dale Jr. is my man. I am also a hockey fan. I love to watch the Lightning. Our town also got an arena football team this year so I am going to try to go to some games next year. I also love the UFC. Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz are my two favorites.
July 5th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I *LOVE* me some Memphis Tiger's Basketball. DF and I weren't able to go to any games this past season, but the coming season, I'm so excited! The last time I checked, we were ranked #1 in pre-season polls!!

Also, My dad is a HUGE Razorbacks fan, so I try to root them on in the SEC.

And then of course, the Boston Red Sox Random, but I love the history of the team.

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search