Raleigh, NC area ladies HELP HELP HELP!!!

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2007, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lilysmommy Send a message via MSN to Lilysmommy
My husband just got a job in the Raleigh area so we will be doing a super quick move there. We are going to rent for the first year since we have a house still for sale so I need some info help!
We don't know if we are going to rent a house or apartment. But any area info will be helpful!
Anyapartments to STAY AWAY from? Any that are really nice. How about area's to stay away from while renting a house? Any recommended areas? Any rental realtors you recommend? Anything is helpful! Thanks!!!

June 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What area of Raleigh--it really depends on where since it's so large. I lived in Southwest Raleigh for 5 years and it was nice--last I knew there were lots of homes to rent (Garner area). If you are in Northern Raleigh or Cary--you pretty much can't go wrong--those are the nicest areas. Apex is great as well. I don't suggest trying to get right in the city--there are some tough neighborhoods!

June 21st, 2007, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We really could reside anywhere.....he will be working on the NCSU (??? is that the right college) campus so as far as I know that it right smack in the middle.

June 22nd, 2007, 04:05 AM
Yep--that is in the middle. You are right about being anywhere. The Southwest area (Garner) isn't a bad commute--DH went to college there and it didn't take long. You might want to think there.

June 22nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had one lady tell me I should stay away from the Garner area.....is she just crazy or is there any truth to that?

June 22nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
I was told the same thing before I moved there with DH--told it was redneck/hick area, but we had no problems and I really liked it. I know there are certain parts that aren't great, but mostly I liked it. You could also look at Apex--that's really nice and close to 40/440. I would definitely suggest going and looking around and seeing where you feel is the best fit! I am leaving for 8 days but I will be glad to help more when I get back!

June 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for all your help so far! You have been a great help. We are going down there next week to look around.

June 23rd, 2007, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Apex area is nice, esp with the new Target and all the other stuff popping up over there!!

June 26th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Mille's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mille
I PM'ed you about a local mommy group...they were great help to me when I moved to NC.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
June 29th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Hey--spoke with my SIL who still lives in NC and she said there is a section of Garner that is having some issues with crime so that's the problem there---not the whole town, just a section. Apex is great--it's booming that's for sure! I asked her about anywhere else and she said it all depended on what type of area/land/housing you were looking. If you are looking for land you will have to look outside of Wake Co.
have you been down there yet--anxious to know what you thought!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search