Freaky Friday

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2007, 06:32 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does anyone have any stories to tell that are freaky, weird, eerie....? Share!!!! Make us go or

July 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
colebrey143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well....I don't know about freaky or eerie....but it is kind of weird/funny....

Last night while I was cooking dinner, I heard my kids screaming and the dog barking from outside. When I peeked my head out the back door, I saw my husband wrestling with a small bull calf in our back yard. The funny part is, we live in a pretty normal neighborhood....the average yard is about and acre, we don't live near any farms or ranches....a paved road out front and woods in the back. Where on EARTH did this cow come from??? Chad said he was washing the car and the boys were riding their bikes in the yard and all of the sudden this calf comes darting out of the woods after my oldest son. (Chad said it was all he could do not to fall on the ground in hysterics after seeing Cole frantically trying to get away from it. He said he doen't think he had ever seen Cole run so fast!)

So Chad has this poor animal on the ground and has no idea what to do next. He can't let go of it....but he needed to find out where it came from - and that's when I came outside. He asked me to drive around the neighborhood and try to find out where it came from. After driving around both ways, I still couldn't determine which yard it came from. So when I got back, Chad told ME to hold on to it (this thing must have weighed 3 times as much as I do!) and he took off through the woods. Apparently we have neighbors with a 5 acre tract behind us and their property butts up to the back of ours. Their son raises show calves and their fence must have broken. We finally drove around the neighborhood to the front of their house and told them what had happened. They came through the woods and retrieved their calf and we were finally able to go inside and eat....All in all it was a very interesting night!!

Loving wife to Chad and proud Mama to Cole (8), Aubrey (7) and Gracie (3)
July 13th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could have seen that one!!

July 14th, 2007, 12:09 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
The radio in my parent's kitchen turns on and off randomly. It used to creep me out when I was home alone and all of a sudden the radio would switch on.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search