Hurricane Katrina

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
Hey ladies.. just wanted to say this has turned into one HORRIBLE, horrible storm. I do hope to God anyone that lives near the path of her has already gone somewhere else and isn't reading this message. Ya'll please take care of yourselves, she's gonna be ugly.

I personally, will be gone for the next couple days. I'm cutting the internet off and going up to Josh's to stay with him at his house (he lives an hour and 15 minutes north of here) I'm 3 hours from the beach but we always get soo many tornadoes from these hurricanes, so I'm out!

Take care of yourself, really!!!!!! Talk to ya'll soon

April

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
August 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Super Mommy
Take care, honey.

I'm not anywhere near, but I can definitely imagine how horrible it's going to be!
Baby #3 on the way!</span></div>
August 28th, 2005, 05:55 PM
txmom2two's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to txmom2two
Take care. Hope the storm doesn't hit too close to home for anyone.

PROUD MOMMA TO LOGAN AND SEAN

August 28th, 2005, 09:07 PM
jamie1005's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I live in New Orleans, but we evacuated this morning and after a 9.5 hour drive (that normally takes 2 hours) we made it to my family's houses in Lafayette. Its only about 2 hours west of NOLA, but far enough from the worse weather. We'll probably get tropical storm conditions, but nothing like what's going on at home. I'm scared that we won't have a home to go back to, but its just a wait and see game now. I'm obssessively watching the news trying to get a glimps of what's going on there. Usually the weather channel has someone video coverage of storms, but they seem to be no where near New Orleans, so we wn't have a clue what's going on there.

I hope anyone else near the path of Katrina stays safe!

</div>
August 29th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Hey everyone, I live in Ohio...But I wanted to tell you all to be safe,anyone in the path of the storm.

</div>

</blockquote>
August 29th, 2005, 06:55 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in Houston, but my brother is in Baton Rouge at LSU and I am so worried about him...I cant get in touch with him.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

August 29th, 2005, 11:09 AM
shananin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to shananin Send a message via MSN to shananin Send a message via Yahoo to shananin
I just wanted to add that I pray that everyone is ok! Just remember that rebuilding can always be done.......yes it's sad and expensive but lives are worth so much more! Take care everyone!

</div>
August 30th, 2005, 08:06 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
NBC and FOX News has a couple people each in the New Orleans area. Hope you find out some info soon. Check out the Today show, they have been having a lot of coverage down there.

Good Luck! Hope your home was okay!

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

August 30th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I'd rather be in Forks
Been watching the news. I can't watch it without crying.

You're in my thoughts and in my heart, everyone affected by it.

August 30th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddies_Mommy22@Aug 28 2005, 10:28 AM
Hey ladies.. just wanted to say this has turned into one HORRIBLE, horrible storm. I do hope to God anyone that lives near the path of her has already gone somewhere else and isn't reading this message. Ya'll please take care of yourselves, she's gonna be ugly.

I personally, will be gone for the next couple days. I'm cutting the internet off and going up to Josh's to stay with him at his house (he lives an hour and 15 minutes north of here) I'm 3 hours from the beach but we always get soo many tornadoes from these hurricanes, so I'm out!

Take care of yourself, really!!!!!! Talk to ya'll soon

April
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I was thinking of you and the others who live near where the storm was going to hit. I hope you are ok and I hope your home is ok.

<div align="center"></div>

August 31st, 2005, 12:48 PM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
Everything went okay here.. we had quite a few tornadoes hit but other than that.. with some thunderstorms and wind.. we are so much luckier than the people on the Gulf. Thanks for asking.

Prayers to everyone who've lost so much from this storm.

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
August 31st, 2005, 12:55 PM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
I live in North Louisiana. We got some wind and rain from the hurricane but nothing major. We have several shelters set up in our area. We are currently housing around 3,000 or more people from down South. Its a very sad sad situation. Our phones have been out at work for the last couple of days, and we are about 4-5 hours from New Orleans.

August 31st, 2005, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in Dallas and they are setting up shelters here for victims of the storm. Everyone in Katrina's path are in my prayers.

I am so sorry jamie1005, hope you are safe with your family!
August 31st, 2005, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Courtney@Aug 31 2005, 07:57 PM
I am so sorry jamie1005, hope you are safe with your family!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I just found your post in your DDC, Thank God you didn't totally lose your home!!
September 1st, 2005, 05:45 AM
lilmomma601's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to lilmomma601 Send a message via MSN to lilmomma601 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmomma601
I live in Central Mississippi (around Jackson) we faired a lot better than most from this storm. We had several tree's fall in our yard, and i watched from our porch as tree's fell on my neighbors house...i have had several friends homes be destroyed but everyone has made it out all right and is safe. We are still without power....heck most of rankin county is but they are getting it turned on as fast as they can! I just want to thank everyone for prayers and i have never seen anything like this in my entire life and to be honest i hope i never will again. On a happier note I felt my son move during the storm. I will keep everyone in my prayers and be safe and i hope everyone finds their loved ones!!!

September 1st, 2005, 07:23 AM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello all, and thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. I live in southeast louisiana, about an hour and a half from new orleans. We were lucky through the storm, no damage to our home and our power was back last night. Please please please keep new orleans and its surrounding areas in your thoughts and prayers. What they are going through is devastating. It is really bad. Thanks again.

Taylor

September 6th, 2005, 07:48 PM
JeReMisMoMMy's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to JeReMisMoMMy
I Live in Chalmette,Louisiana ( 15 min away from New Orleans) We left a day Before Katrina hit ( next day).. We drove abt 8 hrs to Wesson,Mississippi. Its abt 30 min away from Jackson. Im glad My son and I are safe. We probably move out I heard news say we might not return home less year. :-(
September 7th, 2005, 08:12 AM
AustinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to AustinsMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AustinsMommy
gosh this is aweful, it is so hard to watch the news without tearing up. Everyone down there are in my prayers
September 13th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW a whole year! YICKS thats a long time to be away from "home".

Were I live they've set up a shelter, in the Knights Stadium. I heard our local news say the Hornets will be playing Home games at there "old" stadium. Wonder how that is going to work out :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search