Completely off-topic...

Forum: Southern Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Southern Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2005, 11:19 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I (mostly I) BADLY want to see Bon Jovi in concert and the concert that best fits our schedules is the one in Charlotte, NC.

I am deathly allergic to peanuts and am concerned that I will be able to eat nothing while there. Would anyone be able to tell me what type of cooking oil is mostly used there in restaurants? I'll be 36 weeks pregnant at the time we go, and really don't want to risk having an anaphalactic (sp?) reaction while in another country (we're from Canada).

Thanks in advance for any answers. And I'll probably be back here asking for any touristy suggestions when we actually get the tickets.
September 25th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by babydahl@Sep 24 2005, 01:19 PM
DH and I (mostly I) BADLY want to see Bon Jovi in concert and the concert that best fits our schedules is the one in Charlotte, NC.

I am deathly allergic to peanuts and am concerned that I will be able to eat nothing while there. Would anyone be able to tell me what type of cooking oil is mostly used there in restaurants? I'll be 36 weeks pregnant at the time we go, and really don't want to risk having an anaphalactic (sp?) reaction while in another country (we're from Canada).

Thanks in advance for any answers. And I'll probably be back here asking for any touristy suggestions when we actually get the tickets.*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I honesty could not tell you, but you can always ask when you go to restaurants. I have no doubt that the cooks would be happy to use a different type of cooking oil for you. Just make sure to stipulate your condition/allergy. I have a friend that is deathly lactose intolerant and has to special order all of her food. Most restaurants have no problem with that.

Hope that helps!
September 26th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I PMed you
October 16th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your not that far from me at all. I forget how far it is to the cricket arena. I live near the lake.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search