Children handling the heat

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all it isn't that hot where we live in Western WA but the past few days have been hotter than normal for us. Today it's about 88 degrees outside. I had DD go play outside for a few hours and she had no problems with that and as soon as DS got home from school I took them to the park to play. We lasted about a half hour before DS had enough. There was shade to go in at the park and we had tons of ice cold water to drink but I don't blame DS one bit. I know we're going to try again tomorrow but perhaps a bit earlier in the day seeing as DS doesn't have school. *I'm used to the heat as I grew up with summers being in excess of 100 degrees so while sure this is semi hot to me it doesn't bother me the same way it seems to bug the kids.*

How are your kids handling the heat?

July 8th, 2010, 03:21 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Well its not very hot here(I'm only around 5hrs east of you though) yesterday was just barley 80 and today its around 88ish. But I personally can't handle the heat, ever since having Seamus(and I used to spend my summers in Nebraska with my dad where it would be 100-110 normally), I get nasty headaches when I get over heated. For the kids I have a big blow up pool(something like 7ft long and 5ft wide) and they can play in there, and we're getting Seamus a water table for his birthday so they'll both have that. Also sugar free Popsicle are a big hit(especially for Kieran with her molars coming in again).
We dont have a/c at home so we have a fan in each room running, and baths before bed to help keep them cool when it gets really hot(like the 90-100's last summer and before that)

July 8th, 2010, 11:25 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
It is too hot here really go outside much IMO, so they don't spend too much time outside.

Tags
coping , heat , ideas

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search