Katy

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2012, 06:11 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
So how ready are you for babies arrival?

January 14th, 2012, 08:37 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we will see after today. Baby shower today. So far I feel half ready. I'm ready just don't have things like bassinet, crib mattress, carseat, and bottles. But I do intend to breastfeed so not really sure if I need bottles 100%.

My mom is coming to town for the birth and says not to get too much for Ellie cuz she wants to go shopping for her.
January 14th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Fun...hope the shower is amazing!

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 14th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Luckily for me the cradle (didn't have a bassinet) came from my MIL at my shower back in the day, she had used it for her kids...I know this sounds like a good story after me being mad at my MIL lately, but I can make this one bad too if ya'll want it...

I see you got the mattress, mine came from my mom, it was MY mattress. Not the current one, that one got destroyed by 2 year old Courtney one day, but, the original, the time I was where you are...

The carseat I got at my shower.

Bottles I don't remember how I got, though if I had been like I was with my 3 other kids they were almost not needed, I know some of them came with my pump!

January 15th, 2012, 04:00 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my sister called me right after the shower and said since she's done breastfeeding she'd send me her medela and the bottles that came with it. I swear if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be given so much. We may not be close best friend sisters but we know when to be their for each other.

I guess I just felt really overwhelmed when the hostess brought it too my attention that I didn't get anything essential and being a ftm I don't have anything to start me off to begin with.

I just have alot more gifts coming and alot of shopping ahead this next month before my little girl gets here.
January 16th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Being a 5th time mom I know that anything that has been destroyed a long the way (and believe me, we've moved a LOT and I have 4 kids and time itself ages things, is a lot of things...) won't be replaced because I know I'll be lucky if almost anybody gives me anything.

And with our current financial situation...

So, it isn't just 1st timers, it can happen to anyone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search