Baby Names...vent

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 12:42 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Oh my gosh Nick refuses to discuss names. He just keeps saying "Well we have 4 more months." Thanks doofus. I really don't want to wait 4 more months to have a name. And what if we don't? I mean there are other possibilities than it taking 4 more months before we need a name...

January 16th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Men are so lazy about the simple stuff.

I say...pick a name and tough him!!!! After all you probably fill out the birth certificate right? I know I did all mine LOL.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 16th, 2012, 07:05 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had to find out the gender because we felt so overwhelmed with all the possibilities with boy and girl names. Once we found out the gender hubby actually started talking to his buddies at work and came home one day with a name. We've switched it around a little bit for ourselves but I'm impressed we had figured it out as quickly as we did.

Hope your hubby's attitude changes around and wants to be apart of the decision. Maybe it's just too soon after finding out gender. Give him a week or so and bring it up again?
January 16th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
Men are so lazy about the simple stuff.

I say...pick a name and tough him!!!! After all you probably fill out the birth certificate right? I know I did all mine LOL.
No, he has done it sometimes, I don't remember which ones I filled out and which he did, but I know he's done it at least once. I would just do that, but I don't feel right about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katylady View Post
We had to find out the gender because we felt so overwhelmed with all the possibilities with boy and girl names. Once we found out the gender hubby actually started talking to his buddies at work and came home one day with a name. We've switched it around a little bit for ourselves but I'm impressed we had figured it out as quickly as we did.

Hope your hubby's attitude changes around and wants to be apart of the decision. Maybe it's just too soon after finding out gender. Give him a week or so and bring it up again?
I was proud of Nick coming up with Amber's name, he just suddenly suggested it. I was also proud earlier this pregnancy when we were discussing girl names (he already felt he knew what our boy options were) and he went and found middle names for the options he liked. Now we should just be narrowing down the list of names since we had like 3 of each gender, but it seems we're throwing out the 3 we had...

January 16th, 2012, 08:46 PM
afauce
my DH wouldn't pick a name either. Our compromise was making a list of ten names and then narrowing down from there. Up until the point I was in labor we didn't have a name. He wanted to wait. Once I had been in labor like 15 hours he said I could pick between the two names we had narrowed down to.

I figure he will most likely be the same with the next one too.....
January 16th, 2012, 11:23 PM
No, I totally tried to make that compromise. He looked at my list of 5 and just picked one name and said "I like that one." But hasn't actually had a discussion, and I never said he could just pick out of the 5, that's not how I agreed to work it...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search