Married single mom

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2012, 09:43 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Have you read any of the JM articles recently? How about this one?

Are You a Married Single Mom? : Family Dynamics : Family Life : pregnancy and parenting on JustMommies

January 22nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I have a hard time telling DH to help or do a chore. I don't want to be the nagging wife. But I guess I have to learn to ask him to do something around the house if I really do want help with it.
January 22nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I have always been a married, single mom.

When Dan worked he was gone 6 days and worked 10-12 hrs a day and on the 7th day he rested and didnt wanna be bothered much.

I didnt ask him to do much except take trash to the curb for pick up on his way to work and he couldnt even "remember" to do that regularly so I stopped bothering a while ago.

He says if I need help or whatnot to ask but when I do he spaces it cuz he wont do it right then, he waits til he feels up to it and by then he either forgets or Ive done it cuz it needed doing quicker.

Nowadays he's home all day cuz of his illness but he's still the same about doing stuff to help. If its important to him(like cleaning off the satellite dish to get tv reception back) then he will do whatever he has to despite hurting after but if its something I may need or want he forgets or hurts too much/too tired and so I just dont even bother.

*but heaven forbid you say anything like this to him cuz he'd deny it up the wazoo or say "all you have to do is ask and Ill do it." which is a load of crap cuz I have and he blows it off. He thinks he does a ton around here for everyone and sadly, its not really the truth but he doesnt see it that way LOL*

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 22nd, 2012, 09:45 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can totally relate at times! But I have no prob telling my dh I need help. Sometimes he doesn't listen, but usually he does. He's actually the one who does most chores, I'm just not a cleaner and he's obsessive about it, yet with a baby our house is still a mess. =/ It's hard w a high needs baby that doesn't like to nap too long. I'm very lucky that if he goes to work late I can sleep in while he watches her and he has no prob changing diapers or giving her a bath. The only thing he doesn't do is feed her as she's still ebf.
January 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I haven't even read the article cuz I know it isn't fair for me to complain that I feel that way at some points...but even I do, with our weird family set up!

January 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My hubby is the greatest dad and hubby! He does whatever needs done (most of the time) and often without me saying anything. If he notices dishes piling up he gets in there and does them. Same with the wash. Just about any chore he does it. If Kynslee needs a diaper change, bath, whatever he's in there to help. I don't believe there has been a day go by that DH hasn't changed a diaper so far.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search