Random thoughts of the day

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Share a random thought you had today!

My thought: I thought that if my little GummyBear does have downs syndrome this is the kid for me to have that happen on. Were that to have happened with Courtney or one of the other earlier kids I wasn't ready mentally for that, but at this point if that's what God has in store for us, I can handle it. It isn't that I want that for my child, just I could handle it now and couldn't have then.

January 22nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my family rocks...called both sides of my Grandma's today. My dad's mom says she'll be up sometime before May to come meet her great grandbaby named after her. And my mom's mom was interested in what I still needed and said don't worry her, my aunt, my great-aunt and great cousin are going to chip in for the things I still need. Maybe not all the items but at least I know I'm not going to have to worry about a few items. And she said that her and my aunt would come up after my mom comes.
January 23rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Veteran
My birthday is next month..I will be 26. I really want to go out on my bday! Like out to a club/bar/restaurant something. I haven't gone out with friends since before I had my daughter.
January 23rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got up this morning thinking off all that needs to be done and not even half is done and hubby is about to get off work.

I thought about what are we going to do financially to help pay Kynslee's bills down.

I also thought about when we may move to Texas but thank the Lord that DH has a good job here in CA currently
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

January 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodma View Post
My birthday is next month..I will be 26. I really want to go out on my bday! Like out to a club/bar/restaurant something. I haven't gone out with friends since before I had my daughter.
I hope you get to go out.
hollywoodma likes this.

January 25th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Christen...I like your new siggy
January 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Random thought...

Men are the BIGGEST babies and placer of blame when they get sick or hurt. And I live with 5...two grown and already that way and 3 that I will try and stop from becoming that way so their wives and SO's dont have to deal with it like I do now.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 25th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katylady View Post
Christen...I like your new siggy
Thank you, made by our very own Justine! (SandKmommy)

January 26th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!! We get to find out what "flavor" of baby we are having, lol .
January 26th, 2012, 11:21 PM
to flavor. So you texted me "24 hours" about 14 hours ago, so 10 hours!

January 27th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I'm 2cm dilated but crossing my legs because she's on strict orders to not to come out before the 9th. That's when dh gets vacation time for the year.
January 27th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Don't stress over that, with my first I was 2cm dilated at least 2 weeks before she came to join me. It's 3 that's the magic number for me, I've never been told I was a 3 and made it to my next appointment.

January 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
thank you...that does make me feel better because I still have things to do before I'm ready for her. Like pack my hospital bag and by her rock n play sleeper for our bedroom.
LJD3Tdance likes this.
January 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Also, the hospital bag doesn't have to be a stress either, I packed it in labor with Amber

January 29th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, I had my hospital bag packed at 36 weeks. I'm kind of high-strung about that kind of thing, though. I guess you could call it my "nesting" thing that I did!

Right now, the house is a mess and I'm watching the daughter of a friend tomorrow morning. Plus, I am getting over a wicked cold that I think might be turning into a sinus infection. Aack!
January 30th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I hope these next 2 weeks fly by!! or 2 1/2. whatever. As long as she's healthy and ready I'm ready for her.

We went shopping yesterday and got a few more things. I feel content now. Maybe I'll stop nagging DH for a little bit now. And started packing hospital bag but will finish up this week.

Inj5duke: hope your sickiness ends up being nothing too bad.
January 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnj5duke View Post
Haha, I had my hospital bag packed at 36 weeks. I'm kind of high-strung about that kind of thing, though. I guess you could call it my "nesting" thing that I did!

Right now, the house is a mess and I'm watching the daughter of a friend tomorrow morning. Plus, I am getting over a wicked cold that I think might be turning into a sinus infection. Aack!
Wait til it is your 4th and you've been to the hospital umpteen million times with your 2nd for a billion reasons, the bag becomes VERY disinteresting at that point. Also, not sure what I need it packed for. What's in it? A change of clothes? The baby's clothes...oh my gosh, whatever will I do if I don't get it packed...send...dh...home? That's how I feel about it at this point...I think I plan to pack in labor again

January 31st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katylady View Post
I hope these next 2 weeks fly by!! or 2 1/2. whatever. As long as she's healthy and ready I'm ready for her.

We went shopping yesterday and got a few more things. I feel content now. Maybe I'll stop nagging DH for a little bit now. And started packing hospital bag but will finish up this week.
I hope the next couple weeks fly by for you! How exciting to be sooo close! I remember it all like it was yesterday (but, it has been only 4months ago that Kynslee arrived). How fun to go shopping and pack bags and everything. Makes me want to do it again (I do want another but NOT anytime too soon). Just typing this makes me excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
Wait til it is your 4th and you've been to the hospital umpteen million times with your 2nd for a billion reasons, the bag becomes VERY disinteresting at that point. Also, not sure what I need it packed for. What's in it? A change of clothes? The baby's clothes...oh my gosh, whatever will I do if I don't get it packed...send...dh...home? That's how I feel about it at this point...I think I plan to pack in labor again
I admire those that pack while in labor. Once I started real labor that would be the last thing on my mind - lol!!I know some women do, but Iím glad that I didnít wait until the last minute to pack my things. My water broke and it took me about 1.5 hrs just to get the few things ready that were last minute. I had to keep jumping in the tub or running to the toilet every time more water came out. Plus, I had to change outfits a few times as I soaked so many pads. I know not everyones water breaks first but I was soo glad that I didn't have to pack a full hospital bag.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

January 31st, 2012, 09:30 PM
But see, with your first you don't already know what to expect from YOUR body, you know what to expect from some sort of collective woman knowledge, but it isn't the same. I've had 4, my water has NEVER broken. I was 8cm dilated when I went into the hospital the first time, water in tact. With my 4th, water was broken at 8 or 9cm, with my boys since they were inductions it was broken earlier, but again it stayed in tact after labor started. I had a long time before it would have been hard to pack after going into labor with both girls, but I had been packed for like months with my first.

January 31st, 2012, 09:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Even if the second labor goes MUCH faster, we'll have tons of time to pack, but I think I will probably still be packed way in advance. It just makes me feel better, like I'm in control of something. That probably says something about my personality, lol... .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search