Super! (NOT!)

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 09:52 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Here I was minding my own business driving over to eat some dessert with my daughter. Light turns green, turn, bam. My first reaction was, "What just happened?" Then as I processed, well somebody just hit you, I looked up "It's green, right?" Yep, sure was. So then I was like, "OK, get out of the intersection." Idk when I even asked Courtney if she was OK, that's how confused I was by this experience. Thank God I wasn't in our van. My back is now hurting, after no pain or anything, and I can't decide if that's normal back pain (which I have sometimes), pregnancy back pain, car accident back pain or back pain from the fact this whole thing super stressed me out! GAH!

January 26th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! Hope everything is fine with you, your daughter and the baby. Did you call the cops or have anyone out to the accident? As long as you have an accident report I believe you can go to the hospital within 24hrs and say from accident and insurance should cover(at least here in CA)

DH has medical training and was an EMT. He always tells me to go and get looked into as most (unless super bad injuries of course) pain/injuries from an accident show up later. Yes, that's from a medical standpoint and it's not always possible with busy lives, but I'd just go and get checked out and be extra sure that you and baby are fine.

KUP on what you do and what happens
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
January 26th, 2012, 08:21 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad everyone is okay. I agree and I hope you get checked out for your back.
January 26th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
Oh no! Hope everything is fine with you, your daughter and the baby. Did you call the cops or have anyone out to the accident? As long as you have an accident report I believe you can go to the hospital within 24hrs and say from accident and insurance should cover(at least here in CA)

DH has medical training and was an EMT. He always tells me to go and get looked into as most (unless super bad injuries of course) pain/injuries from an accident show up later. Yes, that's from a medical standpoint and it's not always possible with busy lives, but I'd just go and get checked out and be extra sure that you and baby are fine.

KUP on what you do and what happens
I called my midwife she didn't think I needed to go in, she said if I were any further along to go in. So I didn't go in. I stand by that decision. The drama of all I went through today because of the accident was enough, I didn't need to be stuck in a bed with monitors on me for hours as well.

January 27th, 2012, 12:11 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you are feeling better by now. Hopefully you were able to take a hot bath and relax.
January 27th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree the drama of the ER or any doc's office for that matter would make things worse. But, glad that everything so far is good. Hope you get to feeling better soon and are able to take it easy. I was in 3 accidents within 8 months (but wasn't pregnant at the time) and each time bad enough that my car was totaled. I was mainly just sore and whip-lashed a couple days each time. Accidents are such a huge pain in the butt!!! *HUGS*
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
January 27th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
How awful. Thank God you guys are ok. I hope the other driver had insurance.

DJ Junior.

January 27th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_piggy View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you are feeling better by now. Hopefully you were able to take a hot bath and relax.
Funny, that's actually what my midwife recommended that night, a warm shower and going to bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
I agree the drama of the ER or any doc's office for that matter would make things worse. But, glad that everything so far is good. Hope you get to feeling better soon and are able to take it easy. I was in 3 accidents within 8 months (but wasn't pregnant at the time) and each time bad enough that my car was totaled. I was mainly just sore and whip-lashed a couple days each time. Accidents are such a huge pain in the butt!!! *HUGS*
I have been in several in my life, more than one with a totaled car. My car really wasn't damaged that badly from this accident in a lot of ways, and yet the damage is over $2000 in repairs, and the car isn't worth that, so technically they could have totaled my car, and I'd have just died if that's what they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz-berry View Post
How awful. Thank God you guys are ok. I hope the other driver had insurance.
Yeah, we have the same company, and they do a good job, so they're covering it all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search