Just wanted to share

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My precious girl with you. Kynslee had her 4 month check-up the other day and our petite tiny little girl weighed in at a HUGE 10lbs -lol!!! She's 24 inches though so long and skinny. She doesn't touch the chart/percentiles as far as weight goes but normal in height. The doc wasn't worried about her weight. Said she looks fine and healthy and as long as she reaches her normal milestones everything is good - YAY!! I never though that at 4 months my little girl will still be wearing Newborn clothes. She's fitting into more 0-3 months clothes but the pants and skirts I have to pin at the waist I have several 3 month long sleeve outfits that I can't wait for her to wear, but now I'm wondering if it'll still be cold when she even fits into 3 months.

Here are some pics:
Enjoying her cereal

Family pic

Happy Girl

LJD3Tdance likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

February 5th, 2012, 01:18 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
adorable!
February 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Wow, my kids always thin out, but not that quickly. However, I had one that was way too thin at a year and the doc did worry, no other time has the doc ever worried, so if they doc isn't, you shouldn't either . So cute!!!!

February 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Too cute!
February 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
She's so tiny and adorable
February 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
Wow, my kids always thin out, but not that quickly. However, I had one that was way too thin at a year and the doc did worry, no other time has the doc ever worried, so if they doc isn't, you shouldn't either . So cute!!!!
I'm glad that the doc isn't worried, but I do hope she starts gaining weight a little more quickly or else I will be more worried. She is starting to get rolls on her thighs which were not there before so hopefully that's a good sign. But, petite runs on both sides of the family so I don't really expect her to be big. I was 18lbs at a year. Even when older I was petite, I was about 95lbs until I was 18 and could eat whatever I wanted and as often as I wanted. I know - you can hate me - lol! But, trust me, I'm not that way anymore My younger sis is 21 and still about 95lbs and eats all the time. DH was just a little over 20lbs when he was a year and his dad is very small/thin for a guy.

February 6th, 2012, 01:21 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Cutie!

Kieran has always been my tiny kid. At 1yr she was around 17-18lbs, she didn't out grow her infant carrier till 21/22months old. Even now at 1.5mo away from being 3 she's just now fully into 2T clothes >.< lol

I hope she starts putting on some weight to ease your mind though. But if she's growing height wise thats a good sign!

February 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jenny was just shy of 17 lbs at one year... she was a little over 18 1/2 at our most recent appointment (15 months). I've enjoyed being able to use her outfits for longer!!!!!!! It's saved us a lot of money, lol.
February 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad other babies were small - helps ease my mind a little! Thanks for the support

February 6th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
She's a doll!!!!

My middle boy was skinny like that. Didnt hit 17lbs til he was over a year. Still skinny as a rail but tough as nails! Never fear....

See...here he was at about 2-3 wks:

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
Thanks ladies!!!

I'm glad that the doc isn't worried, but I do hope she starts gaining weight a little more quickly or else I will be more worried. She is starting to get rolls on her thighs which were not there before so hopefully that's a good sign. But, petite runs on both sides of the family so I don't really expect her to be big. I was 18lbs at a year. Even when older I was petite, I was about 95lbs until I was 18 and could eat whatever I wanted and as often as I wanted. I know - you can hate me - lol! But, trust me, I'm not that way anymore My younger sis is 21 and still about 95lbs and eats all the time. DH was just a little over 20lbs when he was a year and his dad is very small/thin for a guy.
18lbs is a bunch bigger than LJ at a year . He was smaller at a year (weight wise) than he was at 5 months... He's a really nice sized 2 3/4 year old though

February 7th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
She's a doll!!!!

My middle boy was skinny like that. Didnt hit 17lbs til he was over a year. Still skinny as a rail but tough as nails! Never fear....

See...here he was at about 2-3 wks:
Wow - Kynslee is skinny like that and at the rate she's going she may not hit 17lbs at a year either. At her 2 month apt she was 8lbs 15oz so almost 9lbs and at 4months only right at 10lbs even. So, she gained 1 pound in 2 months. I went to a new doc so he didn't know what she weighed at 2 months. She looks healthy but just gains so slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
18lbs is a bunch bigger than LJ at a year . He was smaller at a year (weight wise) than he was at 5 months... He's a really nice sized 2 3/4 year old though
No fun! Glad that he's healthy now!

February 7th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
That was Av too, 10lbs at 4 mths. But you know what? He rolled over both directions at 2 weeks and as you can see he held his head up really well and had been since he was a couple days old.

So whatever to the skinny....they are tougher than some think!!! LOL

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 18th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
She's adorable! <3

I have tiny kids too.. My almost 2 1/2 year old wears size 18 months. From my experience with my daughter (she's small too) he'll be moving into size 2T well past his 3rd birthday, I'm guessing 3 1/2 years old. As of now 24 months is to big. He has always been in the low percentiles for height and weight.. I believe at his 2 year check up he was in the 6th percentile for height..

Plus, the perk is you save on clothes.. I usually get 2 years out of my kids clothes, especially jackets.. My 4 1/2 year old still can wear size 2T jackets..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; February 18th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search