February Chit Chat Thread

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 10:07 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
So what's happening ladies?

I'm having a hard time with the schedule of a SAHM, a job makes me go to bed, I can't seem to do it without it.

February 7th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just stayed up an extra two hours finishing up cookies that I'm planning to send to my sister and two cousins who are still in college. I kept telling myself that I was going to do special holiday stuff once I became a SAHM, but other than getting out Christmas cards/letters, I haven't done a very good job. I don't want to send cookies to everyone (that's just nuts.... and expensive), so I figured just the three relatives in college makes sense (and two of them are at the same school, so that saves on shipping!). Then Jenny and I are going to finish up our valentines for the immediate family members and hopefully send everything off tomorrow.

Also, I have an Old Navy gift card and $10 "Old Navy Cash" that expires tomorrow, so I'm going to go and see about maybe getting another pair of maternity jeans or some long-sleeved maternity shirts. My belly has WAY popped out in the last few weeks, so I hope I can find something that will fit properly for the rest of this pregnancy (since most of the stuff I have DOESN'T).
February 8th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just busy with Kynslee. She's been going through the 'I'm not going to take naps' phase again and it's wearing me out. She's so super tired and will fall asleep nursing but the minute I make a move she wakes up and will be happy for about 20 mins and then crabby and that goes on most of the evenings. She's usually a happy little girl so it's hard when she's crying and grumpy and all she wants to be is held all.the.time.

DH isn't feeling too well He hurt his back at work and finally went to the doc last week. They put him on restrictions and he can't lift more then 10lbs (Kynslee is the max weight limit doc said) and gave him mussel relaxers and pain meds. The relaxers make him dizzy and the pain meds make him BM (TMI - sorry). So, that's been hard seeing him in pain. And, the pain is just as bad if not worse from when he went in last wk. He has another apt tomorrow and hopefully they will do more testing to see why his back isn't getting better. DH thinks it may be a pinched nerve. I just hope they can find out the problem and give him meds that work well for him. He actually yesterday took my pain meds they gave me after having Kynslee and those work for him and has taken the sharpness of the pain away.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

February 8th, 2012, 01:35 PM
There are lots of things that being a SAHM has made me able to do, but there were so many things I was backed up on that I'm still WAY behind... *sigh* special holiday things? I think not! I'm still not to the point where I've sent out Christmas thank you notes!

February 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a SAHM and do some ebay to help make a little extra $ (nothing much but each penny sure does help). The house is way more messy then I'd like for it to be. Kynslee still nurses every hour *Sigh* and it seems like I'm bfing constantly until bedtime. I don't see how some moms manage to make everything look good and look great themselves. I'm lucky to have top and bottoms on and hair quikly pulled into ponytail before leaving the house now days.

February 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I'm terrible at keeping the house neat. I keep trying to do the FlyLady program, but I can't ever seem to keep up. For the last few weeks, I've been trying to at least keep the downstairs living area (kitchen/dining/family rooms) cleaned up before bedtime... but that's like a record for me, lol.

Sorry your hubby's back is being annoying! I hope they find something that fixes it.
February 9th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't image keeping a 2 story house clean - great job on cleaning all you do each day. we have a 850 sq ft 2bedroom apartment and I fall behind. But, it doesn't help that we also have to store our ebay items in our house too. That means more items to organize and find a spot for and more items to move when cleaning.

February 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I feel accomplished that I just made all the kids beds. That should tell you they don't normally get made. They have been the last few days. These are the kind of things I'm working on. I tutor on Tuesday next week, so I'll bring in a couple $ at least!

February 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, that reminds me that I need to change the sheets. I meant to do it while DH was out-of-town, and I forgot. At least we have two sets, so I don't have to wash the one set immediately. Which is good because I'm currently doing all of the laundry I forgot to do while he was gone, too.
February 10th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I am always in the middle of washing some sheets...*sigh*

February 17th, 2012, 09:12 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sitting here on hubby's birthday with our lovely daughter while dh went out for the evening. would have loved some time with dh but oh well.

i was also invited to go see the vow with some friends but had to decline.

what did you do friday evening?
February 17th, 2012, 11:48 PM
You know I never went to a movie when Courtney was a baby unless I had a babysitter, eventually I learned, little babies are easy to see movies with, they sleep or breastfeed through the whole thing It's the 1 year old that you can't see movies with easily!

February 18th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, my friend said that she and her hubby went to the movies with their daughter for quite awhile before they had to stop!
February 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I thought it was rude when I would see people bring a baby in, not to me personally, but I thought what will you do if something happens, but now I've experienced it all and I know it's Amber's age I don't want at the movie...well that depends on the kid actually, sometimes by Amber's age they'll be mezmorized enough, but at just 1 (not 20 months) it isn't easy!

February 18th, 2012, 10:39 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
told dh that i could have just taken ellie with me to feed her when needed. he said it might have been too loud for her in the theater. guess i wouldn't have won the argument even if he was home to talk to about the situation.
February 20th, 2012, 05:28 PM
haha, he'd have been wrong. Babies sleep through everything loud, it's the quiet things that wake them...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search