Do they sleep well?

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Are your kids easy to get to sleep? Do they wake up during the night?

February 22nd, 2012, 06:47 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well having a newborn is a given, yes she wakes up at night to eat. she eats around 9 o'clock and we go to bed. the past 2 days she seems to wake up around the time DH wakes up for the day and is wide eyed for a good hour or so then drifts off to sleep again.
February 22nd, 2012, 11:40 PM
I like that you said she wakes up, when moms tell me their baby came home from the hospital sleeping for 9-10 hours I'm always like "REALLY?" Though I never question them out loud.

Mine thankfully all sleep pretty well most nights, getting to sleep isn't easy for the boys often, but sleeping works well.

February 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our pediatrician didn't want Jenny to go all night without eating until... maybe six months? It was later than I expected, maybe because she keep falling off her growth curve. Now she sleeps very well, although last week we had some rough nights. I think she's teething (AGAIN). I can see her top canines starting to come in... although they haven't broken through yet.
February 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Seamus, no. He's on medication to sleep, has been since just before he turned 3yrs old (first was melatonin, now hes on a perscription med has been since September). He was to the point where he would sleep 3-4hrs in a 24hr peroid and that was it. He wouldn't nap he didnt' want to sleep at night. Even now on the meds he still wakes up off and on but will fall back to sleep and will, thankfully, sleep 8-12hrs it varies but loads better.

Kieran, yes. She's always been a good sleeper, too good. She started sleeping 8+hrs a night the night we brought her home from the hospital, it was one of the causes in her loosing almost 2lbs after birth. She's still taking 2-3hr naps most days and then sleeps for 8-12hrs a night w/o waking up. She went through a stretch a few months ago where she fought hard to not take naps but she'd become a huge pill around 6pm and ended up going to bed early. She's back to taking naps again.

February 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
See, now when I hear they lost weight from sleeping too much, I don't doubt the story. It's when the mother swears their child has just never done anything but be easy that they start to drive me nuts. (I have a particular person in mind.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search