April Chit Chat Thread

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
What's up ladies? What have you got going on this weekend? Easter plans anyone? (Chat about anything, not just this.)

April 6th, 2012, 02:57 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No significant plans this weekend. We're doing family photos tomorrow because it's suppose to be really nice weather And it's really the only time we have to do it this month because DH is busy with NG in the middle and end of the month.
April 6th, 2012, 11:55 PM
We'll be dying eggs tomorrow. Then of course Mass on Sunday and the Easter Bunny has to come visit. Easter egg hunts and family time.

April 8th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Got some pictures done. I would have shared in the photo thread but it won't let me on the tablet.
April 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM
If it isn't facebook killing off JM it is tablets and phones lol...those are all the reasons I always hear people aren't here...though you're here at least

April 9th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I have a job interview today. Not thrilled about it. It's minimum wage and its not going to be enough for bills since I would have to pay for child care now. Ugh. Guess we'll see how it goes.
April 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, that's a reason Nick and I aren't going to both be employed, it just doesn't seem sensible. I wish one of us was though. A real job, not like my 4 mini-jobs.

GL though!

April 9th, 2012, 09:11 PM
The interview went all right until I said I would prefer full-time to be able to pay for childcare then have a little extra. Then she told me that I should stay home with my child until she is 6 months old. I think she already decided who was getting the positions and just let me interview because I showed up. Its okay I want to stay home with Ellie.
April 10th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Wow, that seems kind of not her decision that comment about the 6 months old. I personally would love to stay home with my kids forever, but I'd be annoyed at somebody making the decision for me.

April 10th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Exactly. I didn't want the job so I'm okay. Sorta just went just in case the unemployment department doesn't think I'm looking for a job while collecting.
April 10th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, gotta do what you gotta do.

April 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Weird that she would make a comment like that...!

Our landlord is coming by today for the second day in a row to try to fix something for us. He's a good guy, but we're planning to make some requests about fixes around the house or a rent reduction before we renew our lease in June. I just hope they say yes!
April 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Gl...Ellie and I are going to go meet up with a lady I met from jm. She has a daughter 2 weeks older than Ellie.:-)
April 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds fun!

Jenny is having a snack and trying to feed half of it to her dolly, who she has arranged in her the play high chair and placed next to her booster seat. She keeps saying, "Dowwy, chee-o?" (Dolly, cheerio?) It's cute .
April 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katylady View Post
Gl...Ellie and I are going to go meet up with a lady I met from jm. She has a daughter 2 weeks older than Ellie.:-)
How fun! How did it go?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

April 12th, 2012, 08:18 AM
She canceled :-( but I'm sure we will get together soon.
April 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bummer! Hope you are able to get together another time. It's always nice to meet new people especially if moms like yourself and have a LO around the same age.

We are going thrift store shopping today down in Sacramento (about a 30-40 min drive) once DH gets off work. I can't wait - I love thrift store shopping I enjoy finding good deals for baby items and clothes as well as household things. And, today I'm going to look for some shirts for me. And, we do ebay so we usually come home with new items to list which is fun for me.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

April 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome!!!!!!!! I'm going to our JBF consignment sale in 2.5 hours. Not that I'm counting down or anything. I have a HUUUUGE list, and I can't wait! I lucked out and got in for the presale, which is less crowded and NO KIDS are allowed, so DH has to watch Jenny . Shopping with no kids, hooray!
April 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Girl you've been counting down since January.

I hate 2012 so far...

April 13th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually, I think it's been since November . I knew that I'd be able to get the things we'd need for new baby... of course, then it turned out that we didn't need much because she's a girl, too, so I got a bunch of stuff for Jenny instead.

I might go back on Sunday when they have half-price day. It turns out that ALL of Jenny's shoes are the wrong size, including the ONE pair that I bought in February to get her through to the sale. They measured her and said she was 4.5 for one foot and just over 4.5 on the other, so she should wear a 5. Well, after buying her some more 5's yesterday, I realized that she really should still be in a 4.5.

I can't decide whether I want to go back, though, or if I just want to head to Walmart or Target and get her one pair to get through until she grows into all the cute new-old shoes I bought her. I'm leaning toward new shoes, since the sale is far enough away that if I drive down again JUST for shoes, I'll probably make up the difference in gas money...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search