May Chit Chat

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I might be experiencing PTSD from my first labor.... I went in for my 37-week appointment today, and I was freaking out slightly while I waited for my cervical exam. I was SO hoping that I would be dilated a little bit, since that was what took so dang long with Jenny, but I was also trying to tell myself that it really doesn't matter. The thing is, though, pretty much ALL of the mommies I know are dilated a little bit by this point IF it's their second baby or more, so I was really expecting SOMETHING.

Nope. Closed. My doc said she MIGHT be able to give me "2 millimeters", maybe. My contractions have been a lot stronger starting last Thursday, and they are even nauseating at times. Still nothing, though. *sigh* We also scheduled induction in case I go over my due date. That made me pretty darn cranky for the rest of the day.

Christen, I hope you wind up in labor soon! At least I'm not in that much pain... just frustrated from the waiting. I know I should enjoy my last few weeks with just DH and Jenny, but I'm really ready to be DONE and see how things are going to be with two kiddos.
May 16th, 2012, 12:35 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Ashley, I can't relate to what you had for sure. I have had 4 births and 0 waters broken! They broke it for me in labor all 4 times. I wish that'd just happen and I could be done though

Laurel, every time you told me bh meant progress, I felt like smacking my head against the wall...you not being dilated is WHY I FEEL THAT WAY! Seriously, what do bh mean? This warm-up prep crap ticks me off...it doesn't do jack...I suppose I should just be grateful I've had 4 vaginal births...

I was trying to snuggle with Amber to enjoy her last few weeks as the "baby" but she's too not baby to go for that...

May 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was dilated to a 3 with NO contractions when I went it but I used EPO vaginally and I think that helped a ton. I also did my birthing ball a lot also and one day I could feel her move right into place while sitting on the ball and rolling pelvic area. After that every time I sat on the ball and leaned back you could see a baby in a straight line all the way down. Kinda cool!

I'm glad my water broke as with no contractions I may have been waiting a while
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

May 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
Laurel, every time you told me bh meant progress, I felt like smacking my head against the wall...you not being dilated is WHY I FEEL THAT WAY! Seriously, what do bh mean? This warm-up prep crap ticks me off...it doesn't do jack...I suppose I should just be grateful I've had 4 vaginal births...

I was trying to snuggle with Amber to enjoy her last few weeks as the "baby" but she's too not baby to go for that...
Haha, I thought they were supposed to strengthen your muscles and stuff for delivery... and I'm still hoping that mine getting stronger indicates that I should labor on/around my due date. They have stayed relatively strong, although today I haven't had as many.

I know what you mean - Jenny will sit in my lap to read a book or something, but only when she wants to! I keep trying to convince myself that I should enjoy our last few weeks at home with "just us", but mostly I'm excited to see how things go with new baby.

I don't have an exercise ball, but I have something similar... it's kind of like a quarter of an exercise ball that's designed to sit on top of a chair. I don't know if it's helping to move her into place, but it does make it easier for me to get up and down from the floor, lol!!!!!!!
May 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to both of you ladies! Are either of you doing things to help labor along? I did so many different things to try and help my body progress naturally as I had NT scans 2-3 times a week for my high bp and the monitor never picked up any contractions. I walked a curb - Like one foot on curb the other on the ground (must have looked funny waking around the neighbor hood that way -lol), I did my exercise ball, I swam, and did EPO - and, probably more I just can't think right now as I'm tired.

May 16th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
I was dilated to a 3 with NO contractions when I went it but I used EPO vaginally and I think that helped a ton. I also did my birthing ball a lot also and one day I could feel her move right into place while sitting on the ball and rolling pelvic area. After that every time I sat on the ball and leaned back you could see a baby in a straight line all the way down. Kinda cool!

I'm glad my water broke as with no contractions I may have been waiting a while
What is EPO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnj5duke View Post
Haha, I thought they were supposed to strengthen your muscles and stuff for delivery... and I'm still hoping that mine getting stronger indicates that I should labor on/around my due date. They have stayed relatively strong, although today I haven't had as many.

I know what you mean - Jenny will sit in my lap to read a book or something, but only when she wants to! I keep trying to convince myself that I should enjoy our last few weeks at home with "just us", but mostly I'm excited to see how things go with new baby.

I don't have an exercise ball, but I have something similar... it's kind of like a quarter of an exercise ball that's designed to sit on top of a chair. I don't know if it's helping to move her into place, but it does make it easier for me to get up and down from the floor, lol!!!!!!!
Screw that muscles stronger crap thing. They might do that, but I've done this labor thing before, I don't need that, I just need the baby!

Jenny will be there with the new baby too, and there will be special time then too.

I wish I had an exercise ball, I think if I sat on it here it might hurt my bottom less lol

Quote:
Good luck to both of you ladies! Are either of you doing things to help labor along? I did so many different things to try and help my body progress naturally as I had NT scans 2-3 times a week for my high bp and the monitor never picked up any contractions. I walked a curb - Like one foot on curb the other on the ground (must have looked funny waking around the neighbor hood that way -lol), I did my exercise ball, I swam, and did EPO - and, probably more I just can't think right now as I'm tired.
I...uh...had sex...twice... And when I need to walk, I do...and sometimes even when I don't... But mostly no. I don't really believe in any of it...tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks, I'm almost to the point where I'm going to ask my midwife (I have an appointment tomorrow) if she'll induce next Thursday, since I know they won't before 39, and Idk if she even will before 40 cuz Idk her policy. The only thing keeping me from doing it is the reminder that every time I've come to the point I was willing to beg for it, it was over right after that.

May 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Last time, I walked a ton. I was working up until the day after my due date, and since I was teaching in two different classrooms, I just naturally walked a few miles each day. Then it was fall break, so I walked because I was bored. Oh, and I went shopping... that requires walking.

I had trouble convincing DH to "help me out", lol. I think we did it once in the last few weeks. No luck there. I tried visualizing, but I wasn't very serious about it.

This time, I have my little quarter-exercise ball that I'm sitting on a lot. I'm not really interested in EPO (evening primrose oil, right? Taken as a vaginal suppository?), but if I get to my (adjusted) due date this time around, I might just go find some. I SO don't want to deal with the pitocin again...!!!!!!!!!
May 16th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, Nick and I haven't really done the DTD thing before in pregnancy this late cuz of so many things.

EPO, oh, I've heard from my doctor aunt that the midwives around her all recommend that. I tried to find it once, but couldn't.

May 17th, 2012, 08:22 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So excited for the babies to come!

Dh was gone for 2 and a half weeks and brings home germs. I ended up so sick yesterday. Thank goodness for pumped milk because I had none to give so Ellie would be full enough to sleep. Feeling 80% better today thank goodness.
May 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Glad you're feeling better now.

May 17th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I hated being sick while nursing! Well, little colds weren't too terribly bad, but I had a stomach bug for a bit and that was the WORST! One of my friends got food poisoning and wound up giving up on nursing .

Glad you're feeling better!
May 18th, 2012, 10:17 PM
13 days til my due date...if they go like today did, I won't survive!

May 19th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So sorry you were sick! If I got really sick I don't know what I'd do as I don't have much pumped milk. I just dont get much when pump. Last time only 2oz Are you feeling all better now?

WOW! Only 13 more days!!!! Exciting! Hope the days get better - the end is tough! HUGS!! How you doing today?

May 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Appointment update from today... remember, last week the results were "nothing's happening"... today I am...

dilated 1/2 cm inside (2 outside) and 70% effaced!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and -2 station, which she said was down from last week when she looked at my doctor's notes.

I had some excellent contractions yesterday that I thought were being productive (pain in the cervical area with each one). Today I had more, so I am getting excited.

The only problem is that now I expect for something to happen, lol. Luckily, this week is already slightly busy for us, so hopefully that will keep me from going too nuts...
May 23rd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry just realized you asked about EPO - Evening Primrose Oil. I found it at Walmart but not withe the vitamins that are in alphabetical order - but up the isle from them. I took it because so many in my DDC were talking about it I decided to give it a try. And, I think it really worked for me. My OB said I was super soft and 'flexible' also. I just inserted vaginally (push as far up as possible) and then leave it all night. Be sure and wear some type of pad as it will leak a little.

Glad you made some progress! Good luck ladies! Can't wait for babies to arrive

May 23rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
So sorry you were sick! If I got really sick I don't know what I'd do as I don't have much pumped milk. I just dont get much when pump. Last time only 2oz Are you feeling all better now?

WOW! Only 13 more days!!!! Exciting! Hope the days get better - the end is tough! HUGS!! How you doing today?
I feel yucky. My back hurts, my tummy has got to the point where I'm not feeling like avoiding almost all food again...it gets worse like every freakin' day. 8 days now though...so 5 of the 13 are gone at least!

Quote:
Sorry just realized you asked about EPO - Evening Primrose Oil. I found it at Walmart but not withe the vitamins that are in alphabetical order - but up the isle from them. I took it because so many in my DDC were talking about it I decided to give it a try. And, I think it really worked for me. My OB said I was super soft and 'flexible' also. I just inserted vaginally (push as far up as possible) and then leave it all night. Be sure and wear some type of pad as it will leak a little.

Glad you made some progress! Good luck ladies! Can't wait for babies to arrive
Yeah, I found out about EPO later that night cuz it came up in my DDC

May 23rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I started working out...thanks to netflix for having a few workout videos available on instant queue. It feels good to move my body around and getting it active again.

Can't wait for the babies to get here...I'm so excited to see the new additions to the families.
May 23rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for working out! I need to get more back into shape. I still have most of my baby weight from Kynslee.

Christian - I'm so sorry! Sounds miserable!!! I hope she comes quickly for you.

May 24th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Maybe a holiday weekend baby...I'm getting really excited for you christen to have your baby.

Anybody else have weekend plans? Nothing really for me.
May 24th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing too exciting... .we won't be going on the boat, because it will be INSANE at the lake here. We are going to a BBQ on Sunday, but other than that, there's nothing on the agenda except sitting around waiting to go into labor. Hopefully DH will come up with something more exciting for us to do, lol. MIL will get here Tuesday evening, so then we can stop worrying about what to do with DD1 if labor starts before she arrives....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search