May Chit Chat

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2012, 09:10 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did so well with keeping up on conversation last month, I thought I'd start one this month.

At the moment, DH is at Annual Training...first time he hasn't been home in the evenings since Ellie has been born. I can't wait until Friday when he comes home for the evening...and I'm going back to the armory with him on Saturday to hang out with other wives.
May 3rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope Friday comes quick for you! Must be hard when you have a LO to not have hubby/daddy home for a bit. DH does SOOO much for me I couldn't get along without his help when Kynslee was a few months old. But, Kynslee was very active and needy also and nursed EVERY hour and so I needed the help. Have fun Sat hanging out with the other wives.

I think this evening we may go out for DH's b-day(which was Tuesday but he wasn't feeling good enough to go out to eat). In-laws have asked to watch Kynslee and I'm not sure I want to. They are GREAT with Kynslee and I have no problem it's just I want to enjoy the evening with DH and I think I'd miss Kynslee and worry about her. Though she eats some solids now she still nurses on demand and I never know for sure if she'll go 2-3 hrs between feedings or eat every hour. And, she's not always good at taking a bottle and I don't want them having trouble with her. I think I'm going to go ahead and give it a try tonight and see how it goes but am still not 100% into it - KWIM? Maybe I'm just silly or do/did others feel this way the first time leaving baby for a few hours that was breast fed?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

May 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Does she take bottles?

I left Ellie the first time at 2 months old to go out to dinner for my birthday. We were only gone maybe an hour and a half.
We went to a movie and dinner last week. We left Ellie for about four and a half hours. I was okay leaving Ellie with my mil mostly in part because she is so easy going.
The only thing that I struggled with is how much Ellie ate. The first time I fed her right before I left her and she maybe had 2 ounces with mil. She was eating more often then. Last week I didn't top her off and she ate all 6 ounces I left and mil said she was still hungry.
I didn't think Ellie could eat that much in that amount of time but maybe she was hungry. The other thing was that Ellie usually is asleep around 7 or 8 and she was wide wake at 9:30. But it was probably because she wasn't at home.
I guess I have mixed feelings about leaving Ellie but if she actually had a problem I would hope that my mil would call so we could pick Ellie up.
May 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She takes a bottle sometimes but isn't always fond of it. She sometimes does good with it and sometimes will drink about 2 ounces and then cry and cry until I nurse her. But, since she eats solids now they can always give her that in hopes to help.

About her eating a lot; I know some moms in our PR have said that when they go to the bottle that sometimes they will eat more and still act hungry like you described. They say it's because the bottle comes out faster(even with the slower nipple) and different then the boob so they sometimes will eat faster and think they are still hungry because they are use to eating longer on the boobs.

May 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the tip.

I'm curious to know what you decide on so keep us updated.
May 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Thanks for starting this up. I've been so tired lately and busy too that I just haven't been making my normal internet rounds.

May 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We didn't end up going out. DH still was a little weak from his sickness and just didn't feel up to it. I was bummed and I was looking forward to some good alone time but hopefully sometime next week we can get away.

Christian - I know how tired you must be, and when I was pregnant I didn't have any other kids to take care of. Just rest up and do what you can when you can. The last 6 wks of being pregnant it seemed all I wanted to do was lay down and relax or sleep. Then, I was put on bed-rest and was going crazy as I wanted to be up and around

Kathryn - When she takes a bottle try and take it away from her and burp her or just let her cry for a bit then give it back to her. Try and make the bottle eating take longer and see if that helps. Good luck

May 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I don't get too tired at the end if I'm not doing other things, like once I stop working I won't be tired I'll be ridiculously frustrated at being pregnant, but working is kicking my butt! (I spend the beginning beyond exhausted though!)

Sorry you didn't go out.

May 6th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I've officially started volunteering at dh's unit. They have a 'snack shack" during drill so I hangout there all day. I think it will work out and am actually looking forward to next drill.
May 7th, 2012, 11:15 PM
That's cool. I don't think there was anywhere for me to volunteer back in the day.

May 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How is the volunteering going? What all are you doing?

May 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I think its going fine. Just one weekend a month. Hanging out with the leaders of the group I heard quite the gossip. I asked my husband if its always so adventurous and he said no. Guess I'll find out after a couple of months.

Anybody have anything going on this week. Mine is quite boring. No dh = nothing fun.
May 8th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry DH is home to have fun. Nothing major going on this week with us. I was hoping DH would want to go out tonight but he said maybe another night. It's soo frustrating sometimes that he's too laid back and doesn't want to do anything. I want to do something special with him or for him for his birthday and I can't do either. He refuses to get a gift and doesn't want to eat out - or does but keeps putting it off. I'm disappointed as I always set great store of b-days and such and it's a great time to be alone.

May 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I have a midwife appointment tomorrow and then I tutor tomorrow and Thursday (possibly Friday too). Then I sub Thursday and Friday. I think that's my plans for the week.

May 9th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Ashley- I hope you can figure something out for dh.

Christen your week doesn't sound as exciting as I was hoping. Glad you were/are able to work up until baby comes. Are you going to take the rest of the school year off or go back to work right away?
May 9th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This week is busy...
Yesterday - we hosted playgroup at our house
Today - we visited my old school for lunch
Tomorrow - we're going on the boat
Friday - Open House for my MOMS Club... and I'm in charge, so I have a lot to do!
Saturday/Sunday - planting (I hope), plus whatever else Josh has planned for Mother's Day!!!
May 9th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katylady View Post
Ashley- I hope you can figure something out for dh.

Christen your week doesn't sound as exciting as I was hoping. Glad you were/are able to work up until baby comes. Are you going to take the rest of the school year off or go back to work right away?
Here there really isn't a "rest of the school year." The school year ends the 25th in the district I do the most subbing in. The one I do a little subbing in ends the 24th. I'm due the 31st...so really there shouldn't be an ability to go back to work...but if she comes tomorrow (that'd be awesome, 37 weeks, I'd be so happy ) I would not return to work for a while. I left out swim lessons and dance practice in my schedule.

May 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow Christian! Glad you're able to stay busy until baby comes. How are you feeling?

Nothing really exciting this week going on. Just chillin' and doing ebay and spending time with Kynslee.

May 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I had to quit subbing yesterday...but that only missed 2 days that I was going to.

I like your new siggy BTW.

As for how I'm feeling...today...down...on Sunday night I went to bed with contractions. On Monday morning I woke up with contractions. That doesn't happen to me. I do one or the other, not both. I finally decided I had to time them when I got to work. They were ever 5 minutes, lasting for the 60 seconds for an hour. I still didn't want to call though. I finally did like 30 minutes later as they were getting closer together. They wanted me to come in at 10:30am, but I couldn't get out of subbing that quickly, so I came in to L&D after I did get out of subbing half a day early.

They checked me, apparently my cervix is 3cm at the tip and then funnels back to 2cm. Well, I've never been 3cm for like more than 72 hours, and at that point my contractions had finally changed to painful ones, tho lessened on time, so I figured to myself, even though I was on the way home I might be back pretty quickly.

And I was in a TON of pain yesterday. I had some bloody show when I got home, but knew it could be from the cervical check, however later that night I lost my mucus plug, complete with blood inside of it, which I guess loosing it can be from the check, the blood can't though. So I knew this has only happened to me as I was about to go into labor, or possibly already was.

And my contractions were at that point how I start labor, they were like 8 minutes apart with fairly painful feelings.

And then...they stopped. Not completely. I mean as I sit here typing this I'm having a contraction, but back to the not really painful ones.

So I went to bed, feeling down, and then I couldn't sleep cuz I was in SO much pain from where her head is. It hurt my butt so intensely. I did eventually figure out how to prop myself enough to sleep. At one point I woke up from hip pain, a normal thing for me right now that just says "Roll over" and was having contractions that burned and made it hard to get back to sleep, but when I finally woke up, my contractions were again back to not really important.

So I'm really frustrated. I have every symptom she's about to come, but none that she's COMING!

May 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww... I'm sorry you're in so much pain! No fun! I hope indeed that it means she's coming . I didn't have any contractions at all - not even small ones(I know some you can't feel but the monitor wasn't even picking any up) so I can't relate in that way. My bloody show came right before my water broke. I hope you're able to relax and sleep a little. KUP on how you're doing and if little Terra is coming. Good Luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search