Your Mother's Day

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LJD3Tdance

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 11:08 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Do you know anything you're getting for Mother's Day already?

May 11th, 2012, 12:08 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No and I really am all right w/ getting nothing but sleep! ha ha of course my dh works early that day so....
May 11th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Generally I dont get anything. DH never acknowledges that day at all. Not even with a "happy mothers day hun" or anything...he blows it off.

However, this year my oldest son(8) made me a little booklet for Mothers Day at school. It had sentences he filled in about me and drawings he'd done to go along with the finished sentences. It was great and my very first Mothers Day gift ever!!!

I dont expect to get anything else.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 11th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH gave me my presents already... he bought a pop-up thing so we can have some shade in the backyard and when we go to the lake, and he bought a mini-food processor. I thought it was for baby food, but he said it's because the big one that we have always takes up so much space in the dishwasher. Since I'm the one who does the dishes, it makes it a pain for me when we use it (I have to run it twice, or wash more stuff by hand), so that's why he thought it was good for Mother's Day.

I was hoping to finish up the garden this weekend, but it looks like it's supposed to rain . So much for that!
May 11th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
Generally I dont get anything. DH never acknowledges that day at all. Not even with a "happy mothers day hun" or anything...he blows it off.

I dont expect to get anything else.
Ditto!! DH may (if he thinks about it) say Happy Mother's Day but otherwise I doubt anything will happen. He probably won't acknowledge it. I kinda wish I'd get something - maybe a balloon, flowers, a card, something as it's my first Mother's Day, but I really doubt it! And if not, oh well. But the thought is always fun
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
May 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I already got my present, I got a camera. And Rock made me a pot that has a plant in it...it has been sitting on the counter since he came home from school Friday, so...
lnj5duke likes this.

May 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a card at breakfast this morning!! Yay - didn't think DH would do that as he often doesn't even really do anything for my b-day. It made my day and I thought it was SO sweet of him!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
May 13th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay!

We wound up going to the zoo today . It was cool and foggy this morning, so it wasn't crowded at all!
May 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
I got a card at breakfast this morning!! Yay - didn't think DH would do that as he often doesn't even really do anything for my b-day. It made my day and I thought it was SO sweet of him!!
Good dh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search