Spending the night?

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 08:17 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Crazy MIL asked DH and I last night if Ellie could spend the night on Thursday. I was getting ready to go to work and so it was left at "We'll think about it". Asked DH when I got home what he thought about it all and he too thought it was awkward that she even asked. Glad we're on the same page!

So I'm going to politely say that we are not ready for Ellie to spend the night places and hopefully it will be left at that. I don't want to answer questions. I am the mother and don't need to be questioned.

And guess what crazy MIL, my daughter will not spend the night in a house of smokers and the amount of dogs in the house. Oh and your boyfriend has always given me the heeby geebies so that is going to be a "HELL NO". If you want to question me.

On a side note: He was the one that actually brought it up not my MIL....WEIRD.

So my question is to you all....Do you let your children spend the night at your parents house? And at what age were/are you comfortable letting them spend the night somewhere else?
July 31st, 2012, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee is still bf'd and has to be bf'd to sleep so she won't be going anywhere until I can get her to sleep without bfing. I think it's a little young but every parent is different. I'd probably wait until around 1-2 years. I'm thinking that the first time I may let Kynslee stay the night somewhere is if DH and I in January go somewhere for our 5th anniversary. If so Kynslee will 16 months old. But, to just stay the night for the fun of it and no real need to probably not until around 2 or so and ONLY occasionally then. But, that's just me. Especially if you're not comfortable with it. I'd say she can stay the day with you occasionally but for now not the nights.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
July 31st, 2012, 04:07 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally agree with you Ashley...

Today I had my MIL watch Ellie while I was at my dentist appointment and she never brought up Ellie staying the night. Hopefully because she knows what the answer is already.
August 1st, 2012, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad that she didn't bring up the subject again that way you didn't have to face her. Hopefully she won't bring up again anytime in near future. My MIL LOVES Kynslee and enjoys being with her but I think if I even asked her to watch Kynslee for the night right now she'd be hesitant - LOL! But, she doesn't mind at all to watch her during the day. But, there really hasn't been a big need to yet really because Kynslee is bf'd on demand still. I'm trying to cut down on that as I'd like to have her closer to weaned by a year
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 12th, 2012, 12:50 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
When Courtney was born, we lived with my parents, so she spent the night with them every night

But I'd have to be done breastfeeding, or at least they'd have to be over a year old.

August 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd let my MIL take my kiddos overnight in a heartbeat... she is awesome! Same with my stepmom. I'd be more hesitant about my own mom, but I would probably be okay with one night. I have a TON of frozen breast milk, and Daphne will (reluctantly) take a bottle of that when she's hungry, although she definitely prefers the real deal.

However, sleepover with smokers = NO WAY, JOSE. Not happening!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search