Student Mommies?

Forum: Western Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Western Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Who here's gone back to school for Fall recently themselves? Who's still yet to go back and is a student?

August 27th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No going to school for me. I graduated high school in 06 and was planning on attending a local community college for child development. But, got engaged to DH and I lived in TX and he lived in CA so decided not to start a degree in one state and then have to re-take in another state. And I ended up never going to school here in CA so just high school education for me.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 27th, 2012, 07:40 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to go back to school. My mom just suggested this. Thanks mom but where do I get the money? DH even said at this rate if we could figure out how to get his GI Bill in my name he would let me use it.
To get a GI Bill in my name we have to do it during a renlistment (he just renlisted this year ) He thinks there's always away around everything.
To have him look into this or not I guess is the question. I have a non-transferrable associates degree in child/family studies. (early childhood) I would go for special education specifically working with blind children.

sorry long answer for a simple question
August 27th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to take some undergraduate-level math classes so that I can permanently add my math teaching license. It's not in the budget for this year, though, and I don't know when it will be in the budget. I know that sometimes there are deals for teachers and stuff, but since I'm not teaching right now, they're harder to get. I tried getting a master's degree once upon a time (I worked as a TA to pay for it), but I HATED grad school and research, lol.
August 29th, 2012, 12:36 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I just started my 2nd semester back on Monday (27th). Still tweeking with my schedule, i.e. hoping a class opens up so I can drop another lmao.

I was taking, English 101 (college English), Psych 101, Cultures and Customs: Greece, and Water Aerobics. But I just dropped my Psych class tonight. Our school does a lot of hybird and webenhanced classes and the Psych class seemed to be more online then in class room stuff, plus I will have 10 papers in English over the semester, and a 1500+ word final in my Greece class I didn't think I could handle the demands the teacher in Psych wanted (added to the kids, dh and then Seamus and My medical issues.)

I'm on the wait list for Math but theres still like 6 people in front of me for it so I'm thinking I'm not going to get in. And I'm 2 Math classes (my own fault because I refuse to take the Compass-Alg. and am just sticking with the Compass-Pre-Alg. test...which I scored higher then needed for the highest Pre-Alg. class offered...Oh Compass tests are entrence exams). I have till Friday to get into one of the math classes, I'm waitlisted in 2 right now so which ever comes first. After Friday I would end up being a week behind and I also couldn't charge my books to Finacial Aid (and I don't recieve my payment till the 11th so a whole week gap). So ya fun.
Anyway right now I have English 101, Art 100, C&C:Greece, and WA. I'm still not sure on the Art 100, the book is crazy expensive and I just blew almost $200 on my Psych book that I can't sell back till December now (for only 50%) so I'm leery. And I don't need Art. Right now I only need English and Math everything else is a filler class till I can start taking (hopefully, depens on if I can get Kieran into a cheap daycare) my required classes next semester.

September 8th, 2012, 12:00 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I've only gone back as a teacher.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search