Kids Clothes

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2008, 02:09 PM
4boys
How much do you spend on clothes for your kids?
Do you have a price range you try to stick with or do you just buy what they need and what you like regardless of the price?
Do you shop clearance racks or try to buy things end of season?
April 16th, 2008, 04:45 PM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Send a message via MSN to $pryNinja
I have yet to spend a penny! All her clothes have been boughten or given to me. I did get to pick out some outfits with the gift certificates I got at my shower. I think when I do start shopping I will probably try to spend as little as possible for the most amount of stuff... Value Village!!

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

April 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Julka
Usually, I just buy whatever they're missing or need. Both girls have a TON of clothes, both hand-me-downs and new items.. but sometimes if I see something super cute, I can't help myself and buy it! If the price is right, that is. I do look through clearance racks usually.
April 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I usually just buy what I like and what they may need. I always try to get things on sale but I have bought a few items at regular price. I will often buy at the end of the season for the next year. The children's place is good for this as if you don't wash it and keep the receipt and tags on you can go and exchange it or get store credit as long as you like. I am good about guessing Sydney's size but not so much with Logan.
April 16th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
I get it as we need it. I find it easier that way. I do a lot of my shopping at the Childrens place I find they have great clothes at a great price.

April 16th, 2008, 09:24 PM
4boys
I really like clearance racks but I find it's harder to find things for super cheap or end of season as the boys get older. I can't really predict their size anymore. And more often now Bailey wears out his clothes before he outgrows them. I mostly shop at Walmart, Superstore, Giant Tiger and Hangers. I would shop more at Old Navy and Children's Place but the closest ones are 1 1/2 hours away in Winnipeg and I don't often go there for any reason. The other stores are local and I usually can find what they need there. I still hate spending more than $10 on anything for them, it really rubs me the wrong way!
April 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do a lot of his shopping in outlets when we're on holidays, we got a few things used, but they were faded and worn---pretty much everything I've bought new. He has way too many clothes, there are many things he outgrew before wearing. Even now I only need to wash his clothes every 8 days, and there are still clothes in his closet left to wear.
April 17th, 2008, 09:32 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
How much do you spend on clothes for your kids? Not a lot.. I don't know exactly, it varies.
Do you have a price range you try to stick with or do you just buy what they need and what you like regardless of the price? I don't really have a range just what she needs which isn't too much because she gets a lot of nice hand-me-downs.
Do you shop clearance racks or try to buy things end of season? I try to but if I really like something I will buy it at regular price, but for the most part, it's clearance racks for me
April 18th, 2008, 06:29 AM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
How much do you spend on clothes for your kids? Well before I knew I was losing my job...I would easily drop about $500 per season on the girls

Do you have a price range you try to stick with or do you just buy what they need and what you like regardless of the price? Usually no price range, but I would always wait until Old Navy's 30% off sale plus have an extra 15% off too! I would be able to get double the stuff if I were to pay regular price.

Do you shop clearance racks or try to buy things end of season? YES...the clearance rack is the first place I go to! I usually get the end of season stuff for Cadence, but she is getting to the age where I'm not sure what size she'll be in by then.
April 18th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
How much do you spend on clothes for your kids? maby $100 every couple months

Do you have a price range you try to stick with or do you just buy what they need and what you like regardless of the price? I buy what they need but I do watch for cheeper prices.

Do you shop clearance racks or try to buy things end of season? I love clearence racks lol and I don't by in season, he is a toddler he doesn't care if his clothes are not in season lol. And he grows out of clothes so quick I prefure to get the clothes as cheep as possable.

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

April 20th, 2008, 02:05 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Up until this winter I haven't had to buy much, as we had a ton of hand me downs, baby shower and birthday present clothes. This summer my 2 year old needs pretty much everything, and my 5mos old will need pretty much everything because her older sister was in her size clothes in the winter.

I don't buy expensive stuff unless it's for a special occasion or it's just something too cute! I tend to get JOE clothes, stuff at Walmart, Zellers and Winners. I don't usually buy ahead because I don't have a clue what size my kids will be, though now that my 2year old's growth is slowing down it's become a bit easier.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search