Any Canadian moms due in May?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Super Mommy
I keep forgetting the Canadian fourm is here....duh. Anyone due around the same time as me? Did you start shopping? I haven't. Are you showing? I'm not.

Brooklyn Taylor May 16/06
Braeden Nov.16/03
November 12th, 2005, 05:50 AM
wind_ryder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wind_ryder
Well I'm due 2 weeks after you (June 12th). I'm 10 weeks on monday. I started shopping 6 months before I got pregnant. I buy and sell vintage and used clothes for a living so I couldn't resist picking up some of the adorable baby clothes I found. And of course, since I found out I've gotten more. I have a big chest completely full of clothes and a few toys. My sister is giving me her old crib and stuff so we'll save some money.

I'm not showing yet either. This is my first pregnancy. I don't have a lot of symptoms either, well aside from sore boobs and fatigue. I guess I'm one of teh lucky ones

Where abouts in Canada are you? I'm in Toronto
November 12th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
I'm in NS.

You are lucky, my sickness has been hell. I've been struggling to get excited about the baby therefore no shopping (because of how sick I got). I'm coming around though. My doctor upped my Diclectin and it seems to be working. This is my second child. If it's a boy, I have everything. If it a girl, I'll have to shop. I'll probably find out the sex around xmas. I'm high risk therefore I get sent to a different floor for u/s and they'll tell you there.

You must be sooo excited with your first baby! Congrats!!!!

Braeden Nov.16/03
November 12th, 2005, 08:07 AM
I'm high risk too because I've hadn an eating disorder for 10 years. I think all the crap I've put my body through has just made it more resiliant though. But they are keeping an eye on me just in case. I've also dealt with off and on depression so I'm scared that I'll deal with bad post partum depression.

Have you got any cute maternity clothes yet? I bought some on Ebay which I'm waiting for now although I don't think I'll need them for a couple of months!

Are you hoping for a girl this time? We want a boy (we're lacking testosterone in my family) but we'll be happy either way
November 12th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Super Mommy
Will they tell you what your having in TO if your hish risk? Do you want to know if they will tell?

I'm sorry that your high risk too....it sucks. I'm high risk due to 3 previous miscarriages (before my son) and then with him I had bleeding complications, irritable uterus, and pre-term labor (that luckily stopped and I didn't have him until 37w). With this baby so far I'm having the bleeding complications.

We actually don't care what the sex is now but at first I did really want a girl.

Braeden Nov.16/03
November 13th, 2005, 07:11 AM
I think they will tell me the sex. I dont' really know what complications I've caused so far but I haven't noticed any terrible symptoms. But then again I haven't had an ultra sound or sonogram yet. My husband is really on my case to eat right but it's not as easy as it sounds. I just can't seem to get out of teh eating disorder mindset. And I'm also having to give up laxatives after 8 years of abuse which my body isn't liking. I deal with with extreme painful bloating.

The bleeding sounds dangerous but because you got through a pregnancy before and he was healthy that must give you a lot of hope. And the doctors are more prepared and know what to expect this time around. Do they have you on bedrest? Is there anything you can do to reduce the bleeding? Pregnancy for you must feel like an eternity.

I have a doctor's appointment and a midwifery appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping they can give me good news. I'm high risk for both the baby and me and my husband is scared he'll lose one of us or both. But I am slowly trying to improve my eating but it's a real struggle. There's no books or websites on this sort of things aside from a blurb here or there. So I feel pretty alone in this.
November 14th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Super Mommy
The bleeding has calmed down a lot. In the past week and a half I only spotted once so that's great that I haven't had a bleed.

Sorry I don't know too much about your situation or I'd offer some advise. The only thing I can say is keep thinking about having a healthy baby. Just eat healthy that's what is best for you and baby. I did have a friend who struggled with eating disorder and had a baby 3yrs ago but I don't think the disorder played much of a role while pregnant. I will ask her if she struggled at all and find out any ideas she has for getting through it.

I really hope you find it within yourself to fight through your disorder for the sake of your baby. This pregnancy could be exactly what you need to finally kick it.

Braeden Nov.16/03
November 14th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi!!

i am due that last week in april..so that could very easily carry over into may.

i live in BC, and love it here! me and my husband bought a wee farm. he is from ontario, and i am from alberta originally. we have travelled all over canada, and have lived in quebec for a while too.

i am staring to show this cute little belly!! although i have not gained any weight, i am getting noticed! i love being pregant! for the first time in my life i have boobs...pretty wild~~

nice to meet other canadian 'belly dancers'
November 14th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
Hi sid...

Congrats on your first baby! You sound so excited. It is a great feeling when that belly starts to pop. When I first wrote this post I wasn't showing but over the past couple of days I got the pop. On top of that I've been feeling much better!!! Now I can finally start getting excited. Time for mat. clothes...

I hear ya on the boob thing...my friends are even making comments.

I may sound a little dumb here but what is a wee farm?

Braeden Nov.16/03
November 17th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
teehee...

i bought a wee farm meaning that it is under 20 acres!! hahahha

we have a large forest on it, but have some cleared land to farm. we are hoping to do organic garlic, medicinal and culinary herbs, and market veggies. in another area we are building a couple greenhouses, and starting a nursery for perrenials, and ornamental shrubs.

this is our wee farm..hahahha
November 17th, 2005, 12:40 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
I am also due in June, like Wynd Ryder!
I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia............

Possibly starting to show, not sure though......
A bit of all-day sickness but no throwing up, sore bbs, and always tired....

I am looking forward to this! I had a very une.ventful pregnancy with Alex. No morning sickness, symptoms, or anything. It was hard to even tell I was preg until he started kicking
November 18th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Super Mommy
wee farm.......ok. Like I said "I may sound stupid"....haha.

Hey June bug. So this is your second too? How old is Alex?

Had my apt. yesterday. It was pretty uneventful. She said my uterus is almost to my bellybutton and the baby's hb is over 160. She couldn't tell exactly because she only found it for a second or two. I still didn't get my date for my 18-20 week u/s but it will be mailed to me soon I guess. All is good.

Braeden Nov.16/03

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search