Farming

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2008, 08:20 PM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Send a message via MSN to $pryNinja
anyone living on a farm? do you consider yourself a farmer? what types of animals/crops do you have? I've always wanted to live on a farm I would love to be able to make a living off my own land

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

June 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
i grew up on a farm, we had cattle and at times we grew wheat and barley but mostly just hayed wild and tame hay, but sadly to say it is very hard to make a living off your own land now a days unless you have a fairly big herd or lots of crops, BSE hit alot of the small to mid size farmers really hard, My parents are having to sell out now because cattle prices aren't what they were and gain prices are sky high because of the demand for it. (thats why i don't think it should be used as a fuel, it is making grocery and cattle feed prices rocket) I am going to visit the farm on Monday probably for the last time, it makes me sad, i loved growing up there and would love to retire to the country some day

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

June 22nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Send a message via MSN to $pryNinja
Quote:
i grew up on a farm, we had cattle and at times we grew wheat and barley but mostly just hayed wild and tame hay, but sadly to say it is very hard to make a living off your own land now a days unless you have a fairly big herd or lots of crops, BSE hit alot of the small to mid size farmers really hard, My parents are having to sell out now because cattle prices aren't what they were and gain prices are sky high because of the demand for it. (thats why i don't think it should be used as a fuel, it is making grocery and cattle feed prices rocket) I am going to visit the farm on Monday probably for the last time, it makes me sad, i loved growing up there and would love to retire to the country some day[/b]

aw thats so sad why don't they just stop making cars that use gas and switch to electric hybrid cars

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

June 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Dh grew up on a farm, his family had horses. I grew up in a small town, and wished I was living on a farm with horse lol. We are planning one day to buy a farm of our own and have a couple horses, not sure when that will be but hopefully sooner rather than later. I wouldn't concider us farmers though if that dream does come true.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search