GAH!!!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
I cannot freaking STAND DH's gma. That woman is just pure evil.

Background. She has called me a bad mom, to my face. Why? I used disposable diapers on the boys, I BF R until he was 1, I wanted a dishwasher for Christmas one year, I have no control over the boys, etc etc. Thus, can't stand the woman. Even DH doesn't get how his gpa (who, before his stroke was so totally awesome!) married such a stuffy, cranky old lady.

Well. Today. She is moving in Sasko Park Lodge (senior suite). DH's gpa had a stroke in Dec, & is paralyzed on his right side, & can no longer talk. So he's in the asissted living part of Sasko. The family decided that if the evil gma could get a suite there, that'd be great, she wouldn't have to drive to see the gpa all the time. So. Today is moving day! DH goes to help his dad & uncle move the gma's bed & whatnot. Well, it's clouding up, so she phones in a panic that she needs DH to hurry, so her stuff doesn't get rained on. I go (with the boys), thinking she'd have some little stuff to throw in the back of my car. She doesn't. And acts like I'm the stupid one. Um, hello? I didn't know you'd be taking all of your crap over this past week!! And she's just plain rude about how she says ANYTHING to me. FIL & the uncle had already taken her bed over, since it's about to rain, so I was like, well, I can go help MIL & the aunt unpack? "No." She snaps, "I did it already, I can't stand a mess like some people". So then I hear the boys in the car yelling, so I was like, oh! Gotta go! Boys are freaking! And leave to my car. DH follows & says, ha, thanks! Even her own GRANDCHILDREN think she's the crustiest person alive!! Don't be mean to me, because I'm trying to help you!!

I hope it rains on her stuff. Like, pours.

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

June 25th, 2008, 08:59 PM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Send a message via MSN to $pryNinja
haha some people old or not are just plain old cranky!! I hope it pours too

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

June 25th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
It rained after they finished I was disappointed. She is just, IDK. Self righteous? Really uppity, and her 1 daughter super takes after her, like, if some old person at Sasko is asking for help & looks at D, she'll flap her hands around at that poor old person. Once, at Easter time, some lady got her wheelchair stuck & D was like, oh leave her, she'll be fine. What a thing to do in front of my boys!! I helped the lady & took her to her room, & told the boys that it's polite to help someone in need. I just could not believe she did that!! AND, on the subject of the snot aunt (ergh, I'm getting worked up again!!), she disowned the daughter they adopted because she is a lesbian!! They chose her, as their child, when she was a baby, then just threw her away!! D is sooo close minded! DH & I talk to the daughter, she's married now, to a super nice lady, & they just adopted a little girl. We see them whenever they are in town, but have to "hide" it from DH"s entire family. And people wonder why my boys aren't allowed to be left alone with some people. I hope I've taught them more compassion & understanding than what both the evil gma & snot aunt have combined. Thanks for reading Katie, sorry for all my whining.

Check out my FB Group!!

June 26th, 2008, 04:59 AM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Send a message via MSN to $pryNinja
aww I'm sorry that they are so closed minded I'm glad you still keep in touch with her and her family!

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

June 26th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, at least the gma wont be around forever

My mom has herself up on a pedestal and the attitude to go with it, but she would never ever treat someone in need that badly

June 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM
The gma has a family history of long life. Her mom lived to like, 100. She's 82. That's like, 20 more years. Boo. Isn't that awful of me?? Yikes. Yeah, the aunt has issues. She's not my faveorite person, that's for sure.

Check out my FB Group!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search