How much are graco travel systems in Canada?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Veteran
I think I saw them for about $140 USD on the walmart website for US. I was wondering how much are they in CA?

I think sears canada is selling for 260 cad
October 28th, 2008, 06:59 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
It all depends on what travel system you get. Whether for not you get a Quattro Tour Stroller, Metro lite etc as well as the car seat either the Infant Safe Seat or the Snug Ride Seat. The bigger the stroller the more expensive. The Quattro Tour Stroller are the biggest and Metro Lite is the smallest. The Infant Safe Car seat goes (I believe) up to 30lbs and is bigger and the Snug Ride car seat goes up to 20lbs and is the smaller one. I personally have a Quattro Tour Stroller with a Snug Ride Car Seat and I love it. It was $359.99 plus tax when I bought it. The quattro tour stroller with the bigger Infant Safe Car Seat are about $389.99 I think. The smaller travel systems are cheaper around $299.99 or less I think, but don't quote me on it. Hope this all helps.

Here is photo of my exact travel system.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 28th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Veteran
Well I personally like the graco snug travel systems I have seen online on walmart us website for around 140-170 US dollars. So i was guessing it would be the same price. I am outside canada so Im trying to decide where I can buy from. like you said they are for newborn - 20 lbs so how long do u think it would last me?

this one is graco snugride from walmart for 140 USD

This is the safety 1st one from walmart (us website) for 130 USD...

Im trying to figure out whether prices are the same in canada or way higher.

ps: FTM

October 28th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
More than likely $200 - 300 for Graco. You can always try Kijiji for used stuff, but be wary of buying carseats used.

I got my brand new Evenflo Aura for $175 at a discount place. $280 at Walmart, $325 at Sears, $400 at Toy R Us. Last year.

October 28th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Veteran
grrr..so why so cheap in the US then ? :s
October 28th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dont forget everything you buy, add 14% tax ontop of the cost. Ontario is 14%, dont know about other provinces, roughly the same I think.

October 28th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I never knew how big of a difference there was in price! Again, I am not too sure of what kind of space you have or how you plan on travelling from the states to Canada, but maybe you could buy it there, and bring it up when you move?
October 28th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Wow, I never knew how big of a difference there was in price! Again, I am not too sure of what kind of space you have or how you plan on travelling from the states to Canada, but maybe you could buy it there, and bring it up when you move?[/b]
My family lives on the border ....well im outside CA now but I was planning to make arrangments before coming so Ive only seen them online.

It would have been great if the US dollar was still low now its like 1 USD = 1.30 CAD...ahh...so basically 150 usd would be like 190 cad still not bad i think.
October 28th, 2008, 04:37 PM
~Valerie~
I think i've seen them for 299$ at Sears
October 30th, 2008, 12:44 AM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Be very careful if you are a Canadian resident and want to buy a carseat in the US. Canada has far better safety standards than the US and if, god forbid, you ever got into a car accident, your insurance claims can be denied because of something like this.

Please, do plenty of research before buying something that you rely on for safety. My husband and I make plenty of trips to the US for goods, but this was one thing we weren't willing to buy there just to save money on.
October 30th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Veteran
REALLY? thanks for letting me know. but the thing is GRACO is also available in canada so would it make a difference if i bought graco from the us?

thanks for the heads up though.
October 30th, 2008, 11:22 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
not all US sold carseats are legal in Canada, be sure before you buy.

October 31st, 2008, 03:43 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Safety standards are diff on carseats btwn the two countries, and I'm not sure if they'll warranty your US seat once you're in Canada. They are def cheaper in the US. Put it on your Canadian registry and tell your family to buy it I went thru TWO $350 travel systems (Graco from Sears) for DS within 16 months, but we also did a lot of travelling and airplanes really bang up your strollers over long trips.

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search