Now that Halloween is over...

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All the major department stores seem to be all ready for Christmas. I went into our closet and dug out our sad little fake table top tree... kinda looked at it, then shoved it back in! We are so broke this year its not even funny. We will be doing baking instead of gifts I believe. Which is fine by our families, the only people we need to buy for really anyway. However I am still big on decorating. I think I will put our lights, tree, and other decorations up sometime in the beginning of December. DH's birthday is on the 14th of Novemeber (Holy crap its November already! ) and we don't like to decorate before that. Already in our area there are people with their lights on...

How about you? Have you done Christmas shopping? Put up decorations? Made plans?
November 2nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I CAN'T WAIT for Christmas! My parents just bought a beautiful cottage (well really its a house, the people lived in it as a house who sold it to them) on a lake and a river (lake is the "backyard" the river is the "front yard") in the Kawartha Waterways in Ontario! They want to have Christmas up at the cottage with them, my sister and my DH and kids. I am really looking forward to it. I can't wait for Lincoln's first Christmas! I can't wait to put my kiddies in cutie Christmas outfits! WOOT!! I can't wait to shop for their gifts! I love Christmas!!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
November 2nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
I'm SOOOO excited for Christmas this year! I have been since the beginning of October! Today I took down all the fall/Halloween stuff, & want to put up the Christmas stuff! DH won't let me though, the bum I usually put my wreath up the day after Rememberance Day, & we put our tree up on American Thanksgiving. I've even started shopping already. I've gotten the boys a couple stocking stuffers each, & 1 gift, my SIL is done, & I've started my sister's gift.

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

November 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
trying not to think of Christmas yet hoping to get a job before then so I can get the kids a few gifts

November 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I CAN'T WAIT for Christmas! My parents just bought a beautiful cottage (well really its a house, the people lived in it as a house who sold it to them) on a lake and a river (lake is the "backyard" the river is the "front yard") in the Kawartha Waterways in Ontario! They want to have Christmas up at the cottage with them, my sister and my DH and kids. I am really looking forward to it. I can't wait for Lincoln's first Christmas! I can't wait to put my kiddies in cutie Christmas outfits! WOOT!! I can't wait to shop for their gifts! I love Christmas!! [/b]

What lake did your parents buy a cottage on? I grew up on Stoney and live in Peterborough now.

I've already made a Facebook status change about Christmas. I can't wait!!
November 2nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I CAN'T WAIT for Christmas! My parents just bought a beautiful cottage (well really its a house, the people lived in it as a house who sold it to them) on a lake and a river (lake is the "backyard" the river is the "front yard") in the Kawartha Waterways in Ontario! They want to have Christmas up at the cottage with them, my sister and my DH and kids. I am really looking forward to it. I can't wait for Lincoln's first Christmas! I can't wait to put my kiddies in cutie Christmas outfits! WOOT!! I can't wait to shop for their gifts! I love Christmas!! [/b]

What lake did your parents buy a cottage on? I grew up on Stoney and live in Peterborough now.

I've already made a Facebook status change about Christmas. I can't wait!!
[/b]
Its on Cameron Lake and the Burnt River runs behind it, in Fenelon Falls! I know where Stoney is and my aunt lives in Peterborough!

November 2nd, 2008, 07:19 PM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fenelon Falls is such a beautiful place. Very lucky!

What a small world eh?
November 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Fenelon Falls is such a beautiful place. Very lucky!

What a small world eh?[/b]
Small world for sure!

November 3rd, 2008, 05:48 AM
~Valerie~
I am soooo looking forward to Christmas!! LOVE everything about it!
November 3rd, 2008, 05:51 AM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
Elyssa has been going on about Christmas for weeks now! This morning I gave in and took out a little pink christmas tree that DH had bought for the girls and put it in their room (I will not however decorate it until Nov 25th(ish) when I will be decorating the rest of the house!)

We will have my sister and her husband over for the tree trimming and make a social night out of it!Do the whole apple cider, hot chocolate type of thing... Hopefully will have my wood stove working by then... I so want to be excited about Christmas... but I am dreading winter so much this year....

Oh and I have a childhood friend (was my best friend in grade 8) moving in to the area (we went to school together in Brampton, so it's pretty cool that she's moving to the valley) so I really want to have her and her boyfriend over for a christmas dinner or something. Anyone else up to a road trip to the Ottawa Valley? lol I love Christmas entertaining!
November 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I am a Christmas fanatic! I want to put my tree up so badly, but have to wait until this weekend when DF is home from work (he's gone for the week), I started Christmas shopping 2 months ago and am about half done.. the rest of our shopping I'll do on black friday (DF and I are going to be away for my birthday that weekend anyway). I'm putting up 3 trees in our house A real one in the living room, an artificial 7' one in the dining room, and a 4' one in Alyssa's room lol.. the first one goes up this weekend (dining room), then one around the end of the month (Alyssa's) and one the first weekend in December (living room).. I'm starting my Christmas cooking this weekend too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search