Banking.

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got royally messed up because of bank fees. Not always a big deal for me, but sadly, we are very tight for money this month. So when the bank fees came out, I had to run around and figure out what to transfer from where, when I needed to send DH to the bank for what... etc...

STRESS.

Anyhow, who do you bank with? Why?

I use TD Canada Trust. Normally pretty good... but really I think its because I have always been with them, so its familiar. Maybe its worth me taking a look into other banks.. Not just because of this fee stuff, but because of other reasons I might not know about. Time to do some research.
November 4th, 2008, 05:24 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I also go to TD Canada Trust, because I have always been with them. I also like how they have the longest hours of any bank.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
November 5th, 2008, 07:12 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We have two accounts, one at ScotiaBank (the one we use for bills, chequeing, and we have our Visa through them) and one at CIBC (mine from before DF and I moved in together and started using the same account, now we use it for whatever short term savings we have).. I think it's just because we've always been with these banks and we've never had a problem with either of them..
November 5th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Veteran
I use TD as well. Always have, and I've always been very impressed at how helpfully they are. Walked in for a car loan one day, walked out 15 min later with a cheque. Went in when I was a victim of card fraud (someone created a duplicate card and took money from my account). The lady in the bank was very helpful and got everything straightened out no problem. I also like how they are open late and around me, there are a multitude of TD machines to go to.

I have banked at PC Financial as well, and I love that there are no fees. But I've been hesitate about completing switching everything over since TD has been so great, and are always willing to help when I need anything, and I don't want to lose that in case anything were ever to happen.
November 5th, 2008, 02:31 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use Scotiabank - although they don't have the longest hours I find they have reasonable fees and good service and there are no surprises with them.

November 8th, 2008, 09:28 AM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a joint account with TD. Our mortgage and visa are through them too.

I've never had a problem with the fees ever since I was with PC. I don't think the fees for our particular type of account are bad at all, and I am more than happy to pay fees than to bank with PC ever again. I had multiple horrible experiences through them.
I was with CIBC a while back, and after doing some research, switched to TD.

I like EasyWeb and their extended hours. They have also always been extremely helpful.
November 8th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use Royal Bank (easy online stuff) and some stuff at BMO---I like my airmiles
November 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Quote:
I also go to TD Canada Trust, because I have always been with them. I also like how they have the longest hours of any bank.[/b]
Ditto and I also have and account with BMO and have a bmo mastercard I like the airmiles from that
November 13th, 2008, 01:35 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We deal with Servus credit union (formerly capital city savings). We have our bank accounts, as well as our mortgage through them. They're very personable and friendly, which is a clincher for us. We also like their online banking featuers a lot.
November 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have CIBC and I HATE them, they are so expensive. Their bank fees and VISA fee's are NUTS. 19.5% VISA, and they keep raising my limit. Im so sick of calling and telling them to turn off the automatic limit raise. It works once, then starts all over again *sigh* My Mastercards dont do that. CIBC is also calling my cell phone once a month trying to sell me this GREAT deal on new bank accounts, insurance, etc, its so annoying. Im sick of going to the teller and telling them again and again no, I dont want overdraft, I had it, I got rid of it for a reason. No, I dont want a savings account, I closed it for a reason. I find them pushy, no matter what branch I go to. Oh, and they were charging me for overdraft fees when my account never WENT into overdraft. That was fun for a few months. Imagine having to FIGHT to get my money back when they could plainly see I was ripped off!! ARG. LOL I hate CIBC.

I want to switch to TD, but I have my ING account, my gov't paychecks (EI, gst, etc) and state farm linked to that account.

ING is coming out with a tax free up to $5000 savings account in Jan, Im gonna switch my account over to that eventually.

November 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM
~Valerie~
We're with Scotia
November 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Quote:
We deal with Servus credit union (formerly capital city savings). We have our bank accounts, as well as our mortgage through them. They're very personable and friendly, which is a clincher for us. We also like their online banking featuers a lot.[/b]

Same here. But we do have a credit card with CIBC and another with BMO. And a mortgage (for our business) with CIBC.

November 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Always a credit union girl here! The big banks can stick it you know where!!

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

November 28th, 2008, 02:26 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been with CIBC since I was 9 (i'm 30 now). I've never had any problems with them. I only recently got a VanCity account (which is a credit union in BC) because at the time I had a job where my cheques were from VanCity and therefore wouldn't hold them.

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
November 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Nikhol's Avatar Veteran
I used to use Scotia all the time because my mom used to work for them - since we got married we opened a joint acct with TD our main reasons were the hours, and the best user friendly website (we do 90% of our banking online
and my DH still has a separate account with Royal simply because he's had it since he was a kid and pays no fees with them(glitch on their part), so our visa is through them, which is pretty nice
December 4th, 2008, 11:15 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm with Royal Bank. I love their online banking features, but hate the interest rate on my Visas, I also just opened up a new savings account with them EASY online.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search