Does anyone here get S.A.D. during the winter?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seasonal affective disorder. It affects a lot of people here in Canada. I never used to have any problems, but the last few years I have been feeling it. I was living in Mexico for the past two years... so I think it is really hitting me this year. i have just been feeling WIPED since the snow fell and the time changed.

Anyone else?

Any advice?
November 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Nikhol's Avatar Veteran
I haven't personally ever had this, but I have known some people who do/have had it
I've heard that sunshine helps, and I think for those people with severe S.A.D there's some special lights that you can buy that mimic real sunlight and your supposed to 'expose' yourself to that light for 10-15mintues each day. I don't know people who have used them, but that's something that might help
November 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Try tanning Angie, I hear that can really help, plus it's relaxing and warm.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
November 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm I have been feeling off this year I wonder? I thought it was just due to being more tired with a new baby and all. Though I felt ok last year. I am a wreck by 8 every night these days.

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

November 26th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Super Mommy
I was diagnosed with SAD a few years ago. I take a Vitamin D supplement (SAD happens because there isn't enough sunlight in the day to give your body the energy to produce the vitamin D that you need) and go tanning...Tanning is also nice and relaxing and makes you look good which makes you feel good But the best way to beat it is to force yourself to do the things you should be doing, and not letting it beat you.
November 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never been diagnosed with anything, and it certainly hasn't been as bad these past few years as it was a while ago, but I'm thinking of taking a vitamin d supplement this year. I don't like fake tanning.
November 27th, 2008, 07:51 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
I think a supplement would be good to try as well, I may just do that. I get so UGGGH over the winter, hate it! I used to love it when I was a kid.

December 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
~Valerie~
I get kinda blah during the winter as well, mostly because i don't really get out much

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search