What I've been up to...

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girls! I'm back!

I was never really gone, but I just didn't have the energy to post. For those of you who remember, I was out of the country for two years, so this is my first real big Canadian Winter. It hit me pretty hard when the time changed and I got hit with S.A.D. pretty hard. I'm feeling a bit better now, I have been taking some vitamins, and making an attempt to go outside during the day for a few hours.

I have also been working 1 day a week. It just gets me out of the house for a bit each week, which is very nice despite the hard work.

Life just seems to be hitting me these days. DH got cut back, and when we thought he was going to get another job, he didn't. We're beyond broke, and have to ask IL's for money to make it until next month. Its not a big deal... but... I dunno. Oh! Here is the best part:

We had a leak in our bathroom (we live in an apt.) it got really, really bad. We called the people who manage the building to come fix it. It turned out to be the upstairs apartment's SHOWER WATER! Every time they shower or bath and it runs down their drain, it runs out into our bathroom. The plumbers came and took out our ceiling letting bits of insulation and gross drywall dust all over our bathroom and things, and they have left it like that for TWO WEEKS! They told us that they needed to replace the bathtub upstairs. SO DO IT! No, instead they have asked the people upstairs to LIMIT their use of the water. Ummm.... thats not fair to them either. UGH.

So ya, in the worst case scenario, the people upstairs have some disease, and are bathing, somehow the water is infected, it rains down in our tub as I am bathing Kairi, and BAM - she is infected! Again - Not their fault, but it IS the fault of the apartment managers. I have left messages etc... they just keep telling me "We're getting to it". Ya, well I'm getting to not paying you rent next month.

Anyhow, all that aside, I am just so blah.

I am trying to gt back into the swing of things though! So give me a bit of time, and I'll be back full swing. Here is a few pics of Kairi just to brighten up this post. Even when I am feeling blah during the day, she always has a smile to share.

December 15th, 2008, 02:05 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw hun I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I relate. It is tough enduring our Canadian winters sometimes. It is -40 with windchill here these days. SUCKS! Throw in a new baby and money worries and it is even tougher for sure. I am glad you are finding ways to deal. Sending lots of good vibes your way just so you know.

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

December 15th, 2008, 05:42 PM
estynsmom's Avatar Veteran
have you considered going to the arbitration office? my brother had a problem with something like that in his building... i think it was over the washer and dryer not working... anyways, he stopped paying his rent until they did something about. i'll have to ask him and see what he did with that, because it worked. i'll pm you when i know more. i hope that you start to feel better soon. i can see how Kairi's smile definitely does brighten up your day, she's so cute!.
December 15th, 2008, 05:51 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Angie that sucks. Hopefully those landlords of yours will fix that, if they don't, Call the Landlord Tenant Tribunal. They will make them fix it asap.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
December 16th, 2008, 06:13 AM
~Valerie~
December 16th, 2008, 07:14 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sorry you're feeling so badly, our winter's can be really tough! I bet if you called the rentalsmen's (sp?) office, they'd make them fix it asap, that could be considered a health hazard so I'm sure they'd take it very seriously!
December 16th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Nikhol's Avatar Veteran
hopefully they can get that fixed for you

December 19th, 2008, 05:10 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
*Hugs* That is really terrible! I would NOT be paying the rent next month. I would seriously consider contacting the tribunal or at the very least make it known to your landlord that you WILL be contacting them. I hope things turn around soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search