Playgroups and community involvement...

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2009, 06:29 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
I have been trying and trying to find information about events going on in my community and I don't know if it is just that my community is small or what but it seems that nothing ever goes on here. I even went as far as to e-mail the town council to find websites or any other avenues of communication that would connect me to other moms in the community....and the woman sent me back the link to the site that I found her e-mail off of and a link to a community calendar with nothing on it at all...well except the annual Maple Syrup Festival.

It is just frusterating have the will to out there and do things but there doesn't seem to be anything to do!

Are you involved in anything in your town?

January 4th, 2009, 08:35 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
try this website www.meetup.com You can do a search on there for different groups that meet in your community.

hope it's helpful!!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
January 4th, 2009, 08:59 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
Thanks for that link! I looked at it and unfortunatly it doesn't have any groups meeting any closer than 30 miles away from my town which would be ok if I drove.

I think after the baby is born and I adapt to my new life I will attempt to start up some kind of group in town myself. I have created a facebook group and I was able to reach 15 moms in this town but even after numerous e-mails to the group members nothing more has come of it.

January 5th, 2009, 06:06 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I know you're in Ontario, do you have any Ontario Early Years Centres around you? You may have to drive a little to find one since you're in a small town but that's my suggestion. Hopefully you can find some.

I'm in a bigger city and we have a few Centres here.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
January 5th, 2009, 07:35 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to suggest meetup.com as well, that's where I found the playgroup I belong to and met many of my closest friends in the past few years.

Other than that we have 2 community centres for parents/kids called the HUB that has lots of toys and free programs for kids 0-5 years old. Our library also has programs for kids and then there's of course sports programs. My nearly 3 year old has been in a program similiar the the Gymboree program in bigger cities for the past year, as well as gymnastics and swimming in the past.
January 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
I would check local pools and libraries! They might have something set up.

I met all of the moms I know on Facebook. They have a couple Facebook Groups.

January 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
The only group around here that I know of is that the library, since I'm from a small town too, and it's for ages 3+ so it's not helpful for us.. hopefully when we move in May there will be something.
January 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM
~Valerie~
There's a couple groups here but I've never been that involved in them for some reason.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search