WWYD?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2009, 06:06 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
So my step son went to the movies last night with friends. He was telling me this morning about it. They saw Friday the 13th! I was so mad when he told me, because you have to be 14+ to get into that movie and if you are under 18, you have to have a parent with you! He did not have either one! He is 12 years old, and it was just him and friends, no adults! The other parents don't seem to care, but I am trying to teach him that we have to follow the rules! What would you do? Would you address the issue with the movie theater, or just let it go?

February 14th, 2009, 06:29 AM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you think the movie theatre will do anything if you bring it to their attention?

February 14th, 2009, 06:35 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
I really don't know.... I have never actually been to the theater myself....

February 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Humm, that's difficult situation. I would take it up with your step son first of all. I would explain to him that are reason's for ratings on movies and you don't feel comfortable with him viewing something of that nature. Then I would definitely call the theatre and speak with a manager and explain what happened. Hopefully they will stop doing admitting children under the appropriate age into specific movies.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search