Please Please Please Help Me!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2009, 05:17 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
I need some help with ideas for my Buck and Doe for my wedding.

I have tried asking for help on other websites that have specifically to do with weddings and even when I ask that it not be a debate I still end up with massive amounts of negetivity since they are pretty much only a Canadian custom.

So, anyway....

I am planning my Buck and Doe. I want it to be Luau themed and I need some help with this. I have a lot of time to plan as it isn't until July but I want to start brainstorming. Any ideas to do with games, food, decorations...anything would be great!

Thanks!!!!!!!

February 24th, 2009, 05:31 PM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what is a buck and doe????

February 24th, 2009, 05:47 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try Googling "Jack and Jill" party ideas. That is what it is more commonly called I think!
I know you can get a ton of Luau themed stuff at the Dollarama (or any Dollar Store I am sure). They have Leis, grass skirts etc...
Hollow out some pineapples for fun drink holders. Little umbrellas for the drinks also!
How about Limbo! Always fun with a couple drinks in ya!

Here are a couple games I found that sounded fun to me!

Marriage Advice 101

Provide guests with index cards and pens. Their task: to come up with the best marriage advice they can give for the newlyweds to be. Read out some of the highlights during the night. Award gifts for "The funniest advice given", "The best advice given", and any other category you can think of.

The "Clothes Pin" Game
You use clothes pin to put on everyone that wants to play. Everyone must swear that they will not utter the name of the bride or groom. If anyone utters the name, he/she loses her clothes pin. Whoever hears the person say the name first, gets the clothes pin. The person that collects the most clothes pins win the game. Normally, you would give this person a gift, and the gift does not have to be expensive.

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

February 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
A Buck and doe, or Stag and Doe or Jack and Jill is a big party to which you invite as many people as possible to help raise money for a wedding. Usually admission is charged and the guests play games for a nominal fee. They are a lot of fun and many times it isn't only people that know the bride and groom that attend, it can be firend's of friends or even complete strangers!

Thanks JMTSMOMMA for all the great ideas...keep em coming ladies!!!!

February 24th, 2009, 09:36 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I wish had advice for you, but I've only been to 2 stag and does. I don't know much butI hope some of the ladies here have some good suggestions.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
February 24th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I am 100% convinced now that I need a STEEL DRUM...

(please be advised ------- Energy Drink + Buffalo Soldier by Bob Marley on repeat = Intense need for a steel drum!!!!!!)
<div align="center">
Buffalo Soldier in the heart of America.....stolen from Africa, brought to America.......
</div>

February 25th, 2009, 08:36 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I've never been to one so I'm of no help really.. I know you can get tons of Luau themed stuff at Dollarama. And pineapples, coconuts, and tiki torches were the first things to come to mind lol..
February 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im curious as to how this would be a debate??.......

I agree with dollarama, although I havent been to one either, nor am I married or even engaged. Not single, just no piece of paper lol

February 26th, 2009, 07:53 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Quote:
Im curious as to how this would be a debate??.......[/b]
I am also curious about that

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
February 26th, 2009, 09:27 PM
A lot of the people that were responding on the other websites felt that it was basically asking for money and considered rude and unethical.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search