Can I complain for a sec?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Why do americans think we don't pay for healthcare? Before my dh got laid off we were paying about $400 a month but we didn't notice because of the way the company had it set up. I don't really know how it worked but we didn't really notice that it was that much. So he got laid off and today we got a bill for provincial healthcare and of course they went off his income from his last job... The last time we were on provincial healthcare we were paying something like $40 a month for the 2 of us... the bill we got today was over $500!(for 3 of us)

We were just getting back on our feet after the layoff and now this. I knew it was going to be a lot but geez! I wonder what his benefits will be like when he's a cop...

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

July 13th, 2009, 03:56 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get some good benefits.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 28th, 2009, 08:49 AM
DH has a great healthcare package at work, but I know for MSP it's like $60 per person, or $120 or something for 3. My friend just had a baby and as a single mom living at home, her son isn't covered under her parents health plan, so she has to pay for him out of pocket. Doesn't make ANY sense to me, but that's what it is.

I'm pretty sure as a cop, your DH's plan would be awesome. Stick it out, might be tough now, but soon enough, hopefully, you guys won't have to worry about it.
July 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear that! A few people I know are cops and they say the benefits are pretty good.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

July 28th, 2009, 08:23 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't pay for health care at all in Manitoba even without benefits there are no costs to us for Doctor visits etc...DH's benefits cover any prescription costs. I know my brother pays a hefty amount per year living in BC though.

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

August 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sure you'll get pretty great benefits once he's a cop!

Here in NB, we don't have to pay for doctor's visits, etc.. just prescriptions.
August 5th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hmmm. Seems like BC is really not the province to be living in lol.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

August 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Terri.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Terri.
I still have to pay for prescriptions, but not doctor's visits. Americans think we don't pay for healthcare because we don't pay for every stitch & bandaid like they do

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search