Know any good banks?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh and I are getting really irritated with the credit union we're with and we're going to switch to somewhere else. We both used to belong to td but we don't want to go back to them so we're trying to figure out a bank that would be good to be with. It would have to be one that has branches all over Canada because we have a good chance of having to leave BC but have no idea where we might end up. Have any of you heard any good things about any banks around Canada?

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

July 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I'm sorry but I have no advice. We're with TD Canada Trust and we hate them. They have made numerous major errors with our mortgage and our line of credit. We will be switching banks in the future as well.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 25th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We both hated td also. They treated us like crap which is why we left them. I will never go back. I've heard good things about rbc but we are trying to be really carefule about who we choose because we don't want to have to switch again.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

July 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am with RBC for many many years and I always had good services. RBC even have branches in the carribean and Florida I think.

July 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I used to have an account with CIBC and they were great. I opened it because I had a line of credit through them and closed it because the line of credit was paid off and I didn't like paying bank fees anymore.

I do all my personal banking through presidents choice which is part of the CIBC group, but it's all no fees. There are no branches though, so if you need to talk to a teller, therea re none.

I opened a business account with Coast Capitol and so far like them. They also have a no fee chequing account, the only fee being to order cheques. SO if you don't need cheques, everything is free.

I've done banking at work through Scotiabank and liked them a lot. I just didn't want to pay fees for my own personal banking.

Good luck!
July 26th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info ladies!

July 26th, 2009, 09:33 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm with TD and haven't had any problems yet. I was also with CIBC and they were pretty good. I few of my family is with RBC and love them! My aunt actually works for them.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

July 27th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've used RBC for 10+ years, and I'm really happy with them
July 27th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have RBC too and haven't had an issue in 15+ years. My dh has one with BMO and is happy with them too. We did have one with td and it was horrible and sounds like it wasn't just our experience!

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search