UC baby 3d ultrasound?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2009, 06:43 PM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just came back from my 4d ultrasound I was wondering has anyone here done one with UC baby and how satisfy u were.I'm going back in 2-3 weeks since now my baby was hiding her face and sleeping.
I asked the tech to take some measurements but it seems like she was doing things wrong.For example, instead measuring the long bone of the leg,she was measuring the one under the knee ( sorry i dont know all the right terms in English ).I asked her about my cervix length and she said that the cervix is closed the placenta is far , there was a lil opening of 0.7 mm which i have no idea what is it since she said all is perfect and that it was measuring maybe 2 cm.Well 2 cm is not good lol especially coz couple a weeks ago during my anatomy scan it was measuring 4.5.
DH says he never saw the actual measurements on the screen,neither did i.She just draw lil line and gav her opinion.
I was told that the tech there arent trained to give medical diagnostic so maybe she didnt wanted to tell anything, but do u think that there might be a chance she was wrong?

Im kinda worried =/
October 30th, 2009, 07:07 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I wouldn't worry about it. I had one done at UC baby too, it's more for entertainment purposes than medical. From what I understand they don't give any medical measurements and they aren't supposed to. I wouldn't worry about it. The ultrasounds that your doctor sets up for you are the ones you should be listening the techs. I'm sure everything is perfect! HOORAY for seeing your LO though, sucks that she was sleeping though. Hope next time is better.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto Laurel! I would not worry a bit! Hopefully you will get to see more of her next time!

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

October 31st, 2009, 08:02 PM
I really hope that there is nothing to worry about.There r some many things that went wrong during this time,starting with my thyroid problem to high cholesterol and anemia, and i was happy that the baby's fine, but now.. i cant help to worry about her as well

Thanks for sharing some positive vibes tho I really appreciate it
October 31st, 2009, 09:38 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is normal to worry hun. And if you are truly concerned then schedule a visit with your OB and voice your worries. I remember being pregnant with James and being so stressed and worried about every little thing. Not good for ya!

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

November 1st, 2009, 05:01 AM
Yap, it's what i gonna do lol I'll call first thing in the morning and let my doc or her nurse know about the " measurements" taken by the tech and ask their opinion.I guess i'll get a quick lecture that i shouldn't have gone there lol but nvm

I know its normal to be worried lol but im like the queen of the worried-about-everything-first-time-mommies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search